Fk the Warriors

and Fk Kevin Durant

NBA is a joke these days

At least LeBron didn’t win, hopefully he’ll retire soon so I don’t need to look at his face.

Celtics are going to win it next year, I can just feel it.

^ Celtics have a chance to be really good for several years. EC finals this year and the #1 pick in the draft. If the Sixers can get their s h it together with all the high draft picks they’ve “earned” through tanking for 3 years, we could see some epic battles between Boston and Philly beginning in a couple of years.

^ Yeah, but neither of those teams will have a chance in the championship versus the Warriors as long as Durant and Curry stay together, so what’s the point?

Celts future is bright but I don’t think anyone in the NBA can contend with the Warriors right now, no matter what happens in the offseason. Even if Boston adds Hayward and draft Fultz they’re still a mile away from GSW, at best they could compete with LeBron. Hopefully enough media and fans berate Durant for ring chasing that he feels the need to jump ship and try to win a title without an already stacked cast.

It’s funny to look back at the OKC team from six years ago. 23 yo Durant, 22 yo Harden, 22 yo Westbrook. Jeez.

I mean, oops*

I’d love to go to a game between the Sixers and the Celtics, even if just to hear the accents.

I’m wondering if Thomas has a future at the Celtics beyond next year, he’s pretty cheap though so he has that going for him.

GS isn’t going to stay together for more than 2 more years unless several guys agree to take less money than they can get elsewhere. With a few rings on their fingers already, that’s unlikely.

Is that a thing? Is he supposed to go somewhere else for the honour of it?

Sixers/Celtics was a great rivalry back in the day. Been a long time since both of them have been good though (mostly the Sixers’ fault).

Yes. Not as bad as when Lebron went to Miami, but KD catches a lot of media and fan ire for going to a team that already had the pieces to win it all.

that seems very un-american

In the previous season the Durant Thunder led GSW 3-1 in the Western Conference finals. They also had an 8 point lead going into the 4th quarter of Game 6 at home and then proceeded to put up a pathetic 18 points and gag the game and series.

So effectively it’s a “can’t beat em? join em!” type deal. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have done it but as you can imagine Durant catches a lot of flak for it.

Durant has already said that he would take a pay cut to stay with GSW

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Well I can’t complain about that considering Brady plays for peanuts every year.

I’m sure they’ve found other ways to remunerate him.

Thought this thread was going to be about The Warriors. Much more entertaining than the NBA.

Come out to play yay.

He’s not the only one who has to take less money though. If I’m not mistaken, Curry is an unrestricted free agent and “only” made $12MM last year. He’s going to get 5 years at $200MM+, which means if Iguodala or Livingston get big offers in free agency, GS won’t be able to afford them. They’re obviously not as important as Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green, but they’re the sort of role players who put GS so far ahead of every other team. Rings start to mean a lot less when you already have a couple.

has dallas won anything in the last 20 years?