Yo this $400 Dyson fan is worth it or not?

What’s the deal with these things? Will my wife be happy with it and not run my air conditioning bill into the hundreds?

https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Multiplier-AM07-Tower-White/dp/B00I8R4VZC/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_201_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DWNSQPJNBME32XF1FSKG

when they first came out. they were really bad. but i dunno now.

How would it be any different (from electricity consumption standpoint) than running fan option of your AC?

Also, it hasn’t even been that hot in NYC this summer yet. How is your bill in 100s??

Deleted because I’m an idiot.

I love my Dyson vacuum. Well, that’s not true. I’ve only used it a couple times. My wife loves the Dyson vacuum. Not sure about the fan though.

It is more preemptive. Also, my apartment’s air conditioner unit are loud as dick and probably aren’t that efficient. They also only point in one direction (upwards), so I can’t aim the fan at myself. An OTC solution would be potentially preferable in all these regards.

My current electric and gas bill is like $80. I think most of it comes from the washer/dryer. If we start to abuse air conditioning, this will start to go up of course.

If you really need a fan, look for one in Costco. My parents got theirs there and are pretty happy with it.

My guess is you just like the dyson’s sleek design :wink: I don’t blame you - it’s pretty neat.

$80 is nothing

air deflector

https://www.amazon.com/Air-Wing-Slim-Original-Deflector/dp/B00I33NIC8

Dyson’s products are great but their after-sale service is exceptional. if you machine is broken for any reason, call or email them right away, they will not only ship replacement parts to you for free, and if that doesn’t solve the problem they will send you a box to put your machine in and then you can make arrangement for someone to pick it up and they will return the fixed machine to you in no time! all free of charge of course.

it’s a good investment for a machine that works well and for many years to come.

NANA

Thumbs down.

I’m old school and prefer manually fanning while being fed grapes

Image result for persian fed grapes

It looks cool, but it doesn’t do any better than a normal $20 fan. I wasted money on that thing.

Yes, this is proof that the standard of living is not lower for some people in ancient times.

Except most of them died of horrible STDs.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dyson-Animal-Cordless-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01AVXFD6Q?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ref_=pe_1723780_251383490_pe_hero_btn

I actually bought the V7 model last week. It is pretty good experience overall. Since the vaccum is quiet, wireless, and pretty light, I just walk it around when I am moving from one part of my apartment to another. This covers the most frequented daily routes where dirt accumulation is highest. It is a pretty pink color also.

Very efficient use of your time.

Ohai - care to share an updated review on the V7 now that you’ve owned it for some time? Been thinking of picking one up myself.

To me, it has been worth the money. My apartment has never been cleaner from my cats’ fur and wife’s long hairs. While the Dyson has 90% of the power and functionality of a full vacuum, it takes almost zero time to set up and put away (you just hang it up on the wall dock). Even emptying the dust bin is an easy lever pulling process. I can vacuum faster and more often due to these efficiencies.

Dyson claims to have better suction power than most other vacuums, but I think this is due to more efficient design, rather than a more powerful motor. The Dyson is optimized compared to run of the mill vacuums. The head sticks to the floor more closely. It is quieter, and I can’t detect any air leaks from the connections. Transitioning from a big, normal vacuum to the Dyson is like moving from the V8 Dodge Challenger to Audi TT RS of vacuums.

My main complaint is that some of the plastic parts seem a bit cheap, and I expect that they will fail during the life of the vacuum. Parts are available online. I would have liked better quality for this price, but the vacuum might have been heavier as a result.

Anyway, the fact that I use this vacuum every day now indicates that it has been useful. In terms of which model and battery life you need, I use the Max setting all the time, and this is supposed to last for 7 minutes from a full charge. I finish vacuuming my 1100 square foot apartment, including some brief upholstery work, just as the charge runs out. So, this is about appropriate for me, but I am not sure if it is worth the premium over the V6 model.

Thanks. How often do you have the clean the unit itself due to your wife’s long hairs getting caught in it? That to me is one of the most inconvenient parts of owning a Roomba and why I’m thinking of upgrading/changing to a Dyson.