The "Breaking Bad" thread

Threw out my back doing a deadlift, and I couldn’t go to my wife’s family’s 4th of July celebration on Sunday night.

Darn the bad luck. I had to settle for watching Breaking Bad. Got through four episodes tonight.

No spoilers, please.

Never seen it, saw one episode and thought it was slower than a snail.

if you have netflix watch the african doctor. way better

Breaking bad is one of the greatest shows ever. Warren Buffett stamp of aproval

You are deadlifting now? Better call Saul has exceeded expectations

For me, Breaking Bad is the best TV show ever. Closely followed by The Wire and then The Sopranos.

I liked how BB didn’t meander. It was contained and almost felt like it was all pre planned and was brought to a close without dragging, that’s really rare for American TV.

I didn’t think it was slow to start at all, the 1st series was quite funny I thought, proper dark humour.

You should be focussing on bodyweight exercises Greenie rather than deadlifting at this point. How’s the progress going? Still off the soda?

BB is the best show ever. If you like BB you should also watch Better Call Saul, incredible as well.

I’ve heard many people who are watching BB now as opposed to when it was first on say that it’s too slow paced for them. I blame GOT and other rubbish shows for setting high expectations for how quickly story lines need to change in modern day shows…

I need to catch up with Better Call Saul then. Different genre, but just getting into Parks and Rec, and IMO > The Office (though it’s a clear copy).

Breaking Bad > Anything else that’s ever been on television

I did read a little about it on Wikipedia last night, and BB’s writer said that if he had known about “Weeds”, he wouldn’t have written BB. Anybody ever seen “Weeds”?

Breaking bad is much better than weeds.

Whenever someone asks me about the best shows to binge watch I always ask if they have seen Breaking Bad first. I watched 4 seasons of it in like a month. Best show ever.

I thought it started really slow as well and almost as a comedy (the diaper scene in the first episode?) . I only finished the first season because I was sick and needed something to binge. But it really started to pick up. And I really like better call Saul as well, it has promise. Interesting seeing the evolution of Saul, chicken guy, and the old guy

Didn’t greenie say he weighed 300+ pounds? Should focus on cardio first. Swimming, walking. But most important, lay off the junk food.

BB was awesome but I didn’t get into it on the first try - barely got through first episode. Then a few months later I needed a distraction and just turned it on for some sound… 4 episodes later I was hooked

BB is one of those shows that is perfectly stitched together. Everything happens for a reason and builds off of prior events, even subtle things that seem stupid or inconsequential.

Exactly! It’s one of those where you need to pay attention. Maybe that’s why many people don’t like it

Universal acclaim. It’s the perfect show. I’ve watched and read a lot of shit over the years that I’ve enjoyed at the time but then tend to forget about soon after finishing. Breaking Bad I will never forget. There was just nothing else like it. I think I’m due for a rewatch soon. Maybe once Saul ends.

Wait what? Many people? I don’t think I’ve ever come across a single person that had a negative take on BB.

Same. What kind of company do you keep krnyc

Hmm I’ve met quite a few people who couldn’t get into it because it’s “too slow” or "too negative "

They aren’t close friends by any means though :slight_smile: