Google 'anti-diversity manifesto'

I feel like this engineer raises some valid points, but he tries to cover so many bases that the essay overall isn’t terribly persuasive.

Other opinions ?

http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320

A widely shared internal Google memo arguing against gender diversity had prompted outrage from certain staff and members of the public.

The anti-diversity memo, published in full by Gizmodo, argued that the disparities in gender at the tech giant could be explained by biological differences between men and women.

“We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism,” he wrote, adding that Google’s educational programmes for young women was one example of “bias causing harm”.

I wonder if it’s truly biological. I do feel though, based on y thoroughly unscientific understanding, that females in terms of median are smarter, but that males probably have a greater amount at the far ends of the curves. I can’t think of any things out there where females are in the top 10 in the world.

hey wendy what happened to itera…

Why must it be biological? If women don’t give a sh*t about math, why force them?

I read an interesting book called “Why beautiful people have more daughters” which deals with this exact issue. Basically, the authors say that the number one driver for all actions is to produce offspring. And since men can produce far more than women, they are more inclined to work around the clock creatively to demonstrate to women their suitability for mating. Whereas, women’s offspring are limited and therefore they are more inclined to nurture what they have and not waste time trying to build fire, wheels, boats, trains, planes, computers, etc. It’s not that men are particularly more suited for math than women, it’s that they don’t really care enough to run a fortune 500 company because it may result in taking much needed time away from the development of their offspring.

You sir, you shouldn’t talk to a faminist blogger. She won’t agree with you.

Interesting article. Unfortunately the people addressed are so deeply entrenched in identity politics they won’t weigh what the author is saying based on the merits of his argument. He’s just another misogynist whiner.

Or a feminist.

I sensed a real T_D vibe from it. Whine about political correctness, dont help minorities but help the victimized conservatives (been hearing this viewpoint more and more since the rise of Donnie Dirtbag, all the right does is complain about how the left has this victimhood mentality, it must work because they stole it).

Then some pretty large generalizations mixed with some opinions, with some facts sprinkled in. Yawn. Who cares about some guys opinion? I dont see why this is a huge deal, so some people you work with disagree with you, go work elsewhere. To people pissed and people who agree with him. Just remember this, the company does not care about you.

Also not too sure about the lowering the bar bit, as a huge fan of google products literally everything they do is in a perpetual state of beta which they will later scrap all together. The company is basically just search & investing their piles of cash.

^ Yeah the engineer (who actually adds value to the business) should shut up, buckle down, and keep all opinions to himself. The conservative members of Google’s staff should placate the VP of Moral Superiority.

Your point? There are plenty of minority engineers at Google who have opinions just as valid. In reality everyone there has a pretty meaningless opinion. Its not like support staff arent vital to the organizations success as well.

The writer of this clearly thinks incredibly highly of themselves. Almost as much so as Ray Dalio based on what I just read.

Google’s New Diversity Chief Criticizes Employee’s Memo Memo had ‘incorrect assumptions about gender,’ Danielle Brown says

http://news.morningstar.com/all/dow-jones/us-markets/20170806939/googles-new-diversity-chief-criticizes-employees-memo-update.aspx

Will be interesting to see if this engineer gets fired for sharing his opinion.

Google is keen these days to demonstrate that they are pro-diversity.

100% of feminists started out as sperm from a man.

Fact Check can verify.

I don’t think you understand. This guy literally makes hundreds of thousands of USD so he’s obviously the smartest person alive…sounds like google guys I know. Basically too much Ayn Rand in action, which is somewhat ironic

Well, they didn’t dawdle with that…

_ Google Fires Engineer Who Authored Anti-Diversity Memo _

http://slate.me/2hErBsz

What hypocrisy. If Google as an organization believed that the gender gap was from hiring bias, their enginneers would not be 80% male. This guy should sue the company for political discrimination and suppression of free speech.

"Note, I’m not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are “just.” I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership. Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population level distributions."

The man should be given a medal. Surprising that the CEO of Google doesn’t understand statistics. Highly unlikely actually. He’s made a calculated risk by firing the author. This should be fun to follow.