Solar Eclipse

Attacking the media for its “very unfair” coverage of Monday’s solar eclipse, Donald J. Trump said on Saturday that the sun was equally to blame for blocking the moon.

“The fake news is covering the eclipse from the sun’s side instead of the moon’s side, but if you look at it from the moon’s side the sun is blocking the moon’s side,” he said. “There are so many sides you can’t count all the sides.”

Additionally, Trump tore into the sun itself, calling it a “showboat” for its role in the solar eclipse.

“The sun thinks the world revolves around it,” Trump said. “Sad.”

Trump said the sun was a “big problem” that his predecessor, Barack Obama, did nothing to solve, but that that situation was about to change.

“It will be handled—we handle everything,” Trump said, adding that a preëmptive military strike on the sun was “very much on the table.”

• New Yorker (very fake news)

I used to work for a gentleman who had been approached by some folks in Hollywood wanting him to help them with special effects for a movie they were considering.

“What’s the plot?”

“A group of terrorists threatens to blow up the Sun with a hydrogen bomb.”

“Um . . . let me explain what the Sun is . . . .”

I believe that they never made the movie.

Q: How do you organize a Solar Eclipse party?

#YouPlanet

Since when have facts stopped hollywood from making a film anyway? Throw vin diesel in it

I’ll be watching

Are you thinking… The plot of the next fast and the furious?

I’m making a pinhole camera at my desk as we speak… I mean, why not?

My eyes already take enough abuse from looking at computer monitors 12+ hours a day, I’m going to pass.

Squinting through sunglasses is fine, right?

of course the gvmt schedules this on a monday when most of us have to work :angry:

I’m in Charleston, got the glasses, drink in hand, let’s do this

Hmm… the hippies in Portland, OR reportedly have gotten their eclipse but it’s not even dim yet here, only one explanation: fake news!

Bravo birdman!

lol well played

…was lame

Pfff. Millennials. I guess if it’s not a dank meme then it’s lame, right?

Thing was cool as hell.

This woman’s comment pretty much sums it up:

[video:https://youtu.be/p6mP4d4Csy4?t=97]