Afghanistan -- 2017

Looks like the military hawks -and the departure of bannon- will continue to get their way and perpetuate this very unnecessary war. Why are we still there!

What’s everyone’s read of last night’s address the nation?

If you want to put your head in the sand, ill be posting another post about tiger/lindsey’s naked pics.

Im not aware of any really good exit strategy for Afghanistan. Trump was in a tough spot (as was obama) and picking up and leaving makes you look reckless and abandoning your obligations, while staying means more money and lives. Trump didnt have a good choice, I dont think he could win either way. Not going to bash him for this, wouldnt bash him for pulling out either its a real quagmire.

You would think after being involved in this he would tone down the rhetoric with NK/China/Iran as its not like those would be any different. The path to beating the US in a war is through insurgency and outlasting them. You wont beat them toe to toe, but conventional war is all but gone.

He is doing essentially the same thing as the two Presidents before him. So, I am not sure what there is to praise or criticize.

revenge for 9-11? we need to show how badly of a grudge we hold.

Based on reactions from the trumposhpere & anti-trumposphere apparenlty plenty. I dont get what, but again limited options each with limited upside and tons of downside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)

a great read!

Not enough troops. I dug how pres. bush, when asked about how long he suspected wed be fighting the waron terrorism, he said 40 years. Guy was a long term thinker. Played the long game. Unlimited war give me a break…

Prolly cause there have been signs of success in building a functioning government. Besides if Merica leaves imagine all those afghanis theyll have to take whom they promised safety to.

Suddenly, mexicans wont be public enemy no 1

In some ways, I think this has to be said.

If you think 3 years, you have to voice to the enemy 40, because you can’t just say you’re going to leave in 3.