ESPN removes an announcer for his name

Apparently being named Robert Lee is offensive because of the similarity to Robert E. Lee. What’s next? Will they stop showing Ole Miss Rebels games on TV?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/espn-pulls-announcer-from-university-of-virginia-football-game-1503501785

hes Asian too.

Image result for robert lee uva

i feel like im taking crazy pills

The first headline I read this morning said Robert Lee decided to pull himself and it wasn’t an ESPN decision.

Whatever. Still messed up.

Espn Roflmao, sounds like a stunt to remain relevant.

It’s easy to make fun of ESPN, but they already have the one and only thing they need to stay relevant: the College Football Playoff National Championship

ESPN: “Robert, we would feel comfortable if you decided to remove yourself from commentating the UVA game”

translation: do you like women’s basketball? because that’s where you’ll be if you blame this on us.

Is there anyone, anywhere, besides ESPN, who thinks this makes any sense?

No, but thats assuming we are a country of adults and not a bunch of idiots who spend all day online looking at memes. From what I had read it was more about protecting the guy from being a crappy meme

About as much sense at that displayed by the people protesting USC’s mascot: Traveler. Robert E. Lee’s horse was Travel l er.

Seeing as how ESPN is liberal, this actually comes as no surprise. It was only a matter of time until something as ludicrous as this happened.

aren’t there like a 100,000 robert lees in the world?

^how many of them in charlottesville?

People are now suggesting that Lee demand that ESPN allow him to announce a USC football game . . . whilst riding Traveler.

Cool!

What if he doesnt know how to ride a horse?

Makes you really feel bad for the position of the Robert Lees and the Adolf Hitlers of the world.

Superglue.