Fantasy Football help

So for the first time ever, I joined a league.

Any pointers? (Other than taking Jason Witten in the first round, obviously.)

I see you’ve joined the AF league! I would definitely try to spend the majority of your draft money on Kickers if I were you.

More seriously, make sure you get a few mock drafts in before next week. The auction draft style can be a little tricky and not as straight forward as a traditional draft.

spend up bell/dj

after top 2 backs its a crap shoot

you can stack martin+rodgers and get RB1 same with zeke+run dmc

im a fan of cook and hunt

you can good good WR later in the draft

Just draft with the general consensus and don’t overpay. You don’t win the league on draft day, but you can easily lose it. You likely win the league with an in-season pick up or a trade that looks lopsided only in hindsight.

Good call on Witten. He may be the only Cowboy not wearing an orange jumpsuit by the end of the season lol

OK. So can anybody help answer the following?

I see that I get:

• one quarterback
  • two running backs
  • Jason Witten
  • a W-R-T (what in the world is a W-R-T?)
  • a kicker (what if my kicker has a bye that week?
  • a defense (ditto)
  • 6 BN’s. (What is a BN?)
  • and an IR (which I presume is somebody on injured reserve. How does that work? I thought once they went on IR they were out.)

Hi all, the AnalystForum fantasy football draft will be Wednesday, September 6 at 9:30PM ET and we anticipate having 1-2 open slots left. Please email me at numi.advisory@gmail.com if you’d like an invitation to join. The league is one of the most awesome things you could be doing with your time between September and December, to be honest!

W-R-T is a ‘Flex’ position. You can put in either a WR, RB, or another Jason Witten (if you can figure out how to clone him).

If your kicker has a bye you can drop him and pick someone else up off waivers, or if you really want you can try to trade him. Same goes for DEF.

BN is a bench spot so you can also have additional kickers/DEF or, more likely, other players (QB/RB/WR/TE) that you want on your team and can use week-to-week when you set your lineups.

Correct about the IR, but some people placed on IR have a chance to return at some point in the season so you can put them there if you want to keep them for when they return.

^So you’re telling me you don’t have to fill up the roster every single week? I could play without a defense if I so desired? (or a kicker or QB or TE?)

I mean, if you really wanted to you could, yes.

So is it advisable to draft one extra of everything? So you won’t be “without” when your player has a bye week?

In other words, I really need two QB’s, three WR’s, three RB’s, two TE’s, two K’s, and two Defenses?

no, there is this thing called waiver wire when u can pick up players.

you dont need to fill your bench with TEs, QBs, Kickers and D. draft high upside guys and if you hit its like winning the lottery.

you can usually pick up starting D, TE, K on waivers every week

Draft the Chiefs D and you’ll be good.

And Tyreek Hill.

Tyfreak will be a bust at his adp

^As long as he doesn’t go strangling any other pregnant women, I think he’ll put up some impressive numbers this year.

Sweep The Leg, you should join our league!

igor555, you should join our league!

Do kick and punt returns count toward a player’s production?

I actually don’t play. It’s one of those things that would consume me.

I keep telling myself I’m going to quit, but then I keep going back. I clearly don’t have the pride left to retire.