Side Gigs

You guys doing anything on the side? I’m trying to set something up that I can eventually transition into fulltime, but don’t know if I can juggle both in the mean time. Anyone successful in doing this, and if so any tips you care to share?

Keep a burner phone. Don’t let her face see the light of day. Never let her come over to your place. If you are planning on dumping the old lady just cut the cord as quick and painless as possible.

Make sure there is not lipstick on your underwear. That is how 55% of people are found out.

Pay for it in cash. Wear a hat when you go to pick it up. You can still buy sim cards without an ID in some parts of asia. Buy them in bulk and only use any of them once.

Remember to actually burn the burner phone.

Also, make sure to delete the photos from your deleted photo folder.

Lol great advice, thanks all.

Make sure she never finds out , in my most humble opinion this is how the majority of people get screwed, so make sure she doesn’t find out.

That’s why I don’t wear underwear.

On the off-chance OP is asking for real advice…it depends. Do you have a U-4? If you do and you don’t tell your current employer you’re making money on the side, you could be blackballed for a long time.

^ Thanks. Was a serious question but I guess the advice given may come in handy one day (just kidding).

Currently in corp dev at a non-financial company, but am hoping to transition into independent consulting. I’ve been trying to put stuff together during evenings/weekends, but at this point trying to work full time and do this on the side isn’t sustainable, shows a lack of professionalism, etc. I’ve found somewhat of a niche area where I think there is enough demand to make this work, but I don’t see how I can juggle both.

ask turd for advice, if he is not banned

If you’re exceptionally good at modeling and you follow a sport look into player prop bets. I did well on NBA player prop bets two seasons ago – although I’ve since flamed out after attracting attention from lines managers (bans, limits and aggressive line movements against me after my bets).

Side gigs are generally frowned upon in my experience for financial firms where you have to disclose. Suggests you have one foot out the door. I own rental real estate as my side gig for now. . . considering buying equity in a small business though

Side gigs are really quite frowned upon and not disclosing is running a big risk. A lot of people I know usually structure the gig through their wives. They still need to disclose but it’s not a frowned upon by employers.

I have some rental properties. I’m was also an angel investor in an up and coming restaurant chain that went royally tits up a few years ago. Lost a pretty sizeable amount on that.

I also have a stake in a hotel resort in a super cheap part of the world.

None of them disclosed obvs.

As far as I know, he’s not. It has been a couple weeks though…

Long may it continue, that guy is a wacko

Investing in rental properties or businesses that other people run is generally fine. Many finance people do either of these. How can you not have an office full of millionaires and none of them invest in something outside?

However, if you are doing contract work or a second job, that would obviously be a potential issue and you should get employer pre approval.