Teeth Whitening

Despite being a stereotype in pretty much every way I actually have quite good teeth. Although years of abuse from red wine and coffee have taken their toll and I’m starting to feel a bit self conscious amongst all you shiny mouthed yanks.

Do people in the US get their teeth whitened regularly? Is that a thing? If I walk into the office one day with shiny teeth am I likely to be greeted with nods of approval or torrents of abuse?

Brah i think the time has come to end your stay in drumfistan

Doesn’t teeth whitening take a while? I don’t think it’s a case of walking into the office one day with a Tom Cruise smile unless you get veneers put in.

Never did it myself, but I think the process works pretty well but you can be left with weakened and sensitive teeth.

#GroovyBaby

go to the dentist twice a year, most insurance plans cover 2 cleanings per year.

if not try crest strips. worked pretty well although it stings while its on

I brush with peroxide daily to keep em white. If you start now it will be a gradual transition and nobody will notice

Of course, I’m a Brit, not a savage.

I just wondered if Americans are all getting their teeth whitened as it looks like a lot of them do.

Before getting a professional whitening I would do a few things first.

• Get an electric toothbrush (I have an Oral B pro) and use Crest 3D whitening toothpaste.
  • Be religious about brushing (I do it for about 4-5 minutes) and floss and/or use a waterpik every night before bed.

You will probably see good results from these. Also stay away from sugary drinks in the evening. If you do a whitening you may run the risk of your natural teeth looking much whiter than any crowns you may have had put in while your teeth were darker shades.

Arent elec brushes terrible 4 u?

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/08/electric-toothbrush-vs-manual/index.htm

#nope

I brush my teeth in shower. Some people say its bizarre, I call it pure efficiency

ditto

Shower water in your mouth? Why? That is not hygienic.

how is that different from tap water? it doesn’t where I live, I even use Canadian fresh water to flush my faeces, I mean, when I’m not flinging it out the window.

What about bleaching in other areas?

I’d call that wasting water. An average shower uses about 2 gallons per minute. Assuming you’re brushing your teeth for the recommended 2 minutes, that’s 4 gallons of water. I use about 2 cups of water to brush my teeth, including rinsing off my brush.

Where I live, the water for the shower is the same water that goes to the sink and to the toilet tank.

HAHA!! WTF do you shower dude? Under a drain?

I do this too.

What difference does your teeth shine or not, this will not affect the attitude of other people towards you.