Hurricane Season - 2017

Harvey was crazy but Irma is a BEAST. Hope folks stay safe.

Antigua News Room‏ @AntiguaNewsRoom BREAKING: PM reported total destruction in #Barbuda. Almost 100% of homes totally destroyed #damaged.Vehicles destroyed. One fatality.#Irma

I think hurricanes need tougher names. Getting your butt kicked by Harvey or Irma is really just insulting. At least Katrina could be a Russian agent, and Andrew could have played water polo or lacrosse.

Well, people would probably take evacuation orders more seriously in light of Hurricane Deathrape Ballsripper.

Image result for harvey keitel

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 23m23 minutes ago BREAKING: Hurricane Katia forms in the Gulf off the coast of Mexico with sustained winds of 75 mph (120 kph).

stl you like Katia :wink:

Now that’s something I could get behind.

andrew wtf? who gets scared at andrew

anyone nothing can unleash as much carnage as the real hurricane

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGOVdEHF0mg]

Considering hurricanes mostly occur in the south.

Hurricane Taxman. Hurricane Bernie Sanders. Hurricane INS. Hurricane Richard Simmons.

It’s a bit of chaos here in Miami

why are you not evacuating?

Well, I’ll actually be in NYC this weekend (flight departing really early tomorrow) for a wedding, so I’ll be gone. My fiance however is a nurse at the major public hospital here, so she’s being required to stay and work at the hospital during the storm. I would say most people in suburban Miami specifically are NOT evacuating but are taking the proper precautions to bunker down as best as possible. Miami Beach, the downtown area, and the Florida Key’s are seeing the bulk of evacuations. It’s pretty bad though… a lot of people are having trouble finding extra plywood, water, and gas.

Isn’t the storm surge expected to be about 10 feet and the average elevation in Miami-Dade about 6 feet? Not sure there are proper precautions for that.

That’s definitely been the main concern for those that are hugging the coast, but it doesn’t seem like those in the suburbs (anywhere from 5 to 20 miles inland) are worried enough that they’re making arrangements to evacuate. Most people I know in the suburbs are staying home.

RIP MIAMI, I’ll be in the bunker for this one.

Image result for i thought hurricane season was over gif

Looks like it’s going more west towards you in Tampa now though?

Yeah but as a CAT 1 now I think. There will be moderate flooding and high winds, but should only take a couple days to recover. We will see!

Yea, so Irma was a big sack of s*it for all of SoFlo. Just got power back today. My car = claimed total loss w/ insurance provider.