BMW X7 concept

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/x7/2019/bmw-x7-iperformance-concept-first-look/

This is the biggest, most obnoxious BMW yet. Nery/pokhim, when are you putting down your deposit? It’s still a “concept”, but BMW tends to produce cars that match the concepts quite closely.

Looks nice, but BMW has too many models now.

At what point is a car just a car? There are really no features on these luxury vehicles that can’t be added to a late model Hyundai. Heated seats, backup camera, sensors, navigation…besides the styling and the badge there are really no differences. There was never a better time to be poor

Ugly, Mercedes-Benz GLS or Range Rover over this all day long.

i dont think im going to buy another car until self driving vehicles are available. im actually goign to refi my car this feb once i finish paying it off for 3%/6 years. by 2024, i’d expect self driving cars to be more common and widely accepted. i dont think i’m going to buy a luxury car ever again, or maybe even a regular car ever. i imagine fares will drop by over 50% when self driving tech becomes widely accepted .

This guy.

My current car is due for refi in 3yrs, by that time either i’ll buy a new bigger range rover or buy the electric Jag SUV that is coming out. Then in another 3yrs i’ll buy a self driving car.

I reckon we have around 5-6yrs to wait until it electic vehicles are out … maybe Audi, Tesla or BMW will be the first. Whoever it is, I am buying it.

We’re still about 15-20 years away from full self-driving cars in my opinion. As in a car that can drive you from A to B with no driver input required.

In the interim, each new model of car will get increasing levels of automation. It won’t be a big bang where we go from full driver input to none.

^I think you’re about right, maybe a little less, but for full effect we need to phase out all the old “dumb cars” so that we can eliminate accidents and traffic. This is one technological intrusion into my privacy that I can’t wait for.

what a beauty. whats the price tag

not a fan of the X7. Strikes me as a mix between the volvo XC 90 (in fact it looks eerily similar) and the infinity QX80

Did i mention yet the new volvo S90 is hott, it is.

Agree with the similarity to the XC 90, but that’s not a bad thing.