Shirt Stays

Do you wear shirt stays? I had stirrup stays but they really bothered me. I’ve seen the studded belt that’s supposed to work the same, but it seems gimmicky. Thoughts?

I had to use them whilst in the Marines. I thought they were stupid and annoying.

They are stupid and annoying. But I can’t keep my shirt from billowing out in the back, so I end up looking stupid and disheveled any time I don’t have a jacket on.

Some of my suit pants have some rubbery strips inside the waistband that do a pretty good job of keeping shirts from pulling out too much. I have no idea if you can buy something similar “after market”.

So these are the men version of those stocking straps that BDSM women wear?

There are micro-velcro or sticker versions available online but I’ve never tried them.The problem is usually mitigated with well fitting shirts and pants. Another tip I’ve heard is the tuck into underwear trick.

This is where a life of gluttony and sloth really pays off. I buy shirts long and then I cinch my belt tighter than a camels ass in a sandstorm. Over the ass, under the sides and gut. Pants stay up, shirt stays in, circulation optional.

The military also sold a rubber-like belt that was supposed to substitute for shirt stays. I bought one and it didn’t work well.

In my experience, there is no real substitute for shirt stays that attach to the shirt and socks. (If appearance is really that important to you.)