And just like that.....

…my days of being Director of Investment Services are over.

Nothing really bad happened, it just wasn’t a good fit. First, right before I started, they lost a big client. Second, they realized pretty quick that I was overqualified for the position. Basically, they wanted a trained monkey instead of a problem solver or critical thinker.

Theyre going to keep me on a consulting basis. Whenever they have a portfolio question or don’t understand something, they’re going to call me. But no longer an employee.

Its probably a good thing, because the guy wants to retire in about three years, and would like to sell the business to his son, who’s about as worthless as boobs on a boar hog. I could tell really quick that I didn’t want to work for the son.

So im going back to HD Vest and opening up my own practice. I’ve never been more sure in my life that I want to work for myself. I just hope I can find enough revenue to keep the mortgage paid and the lights turned on.

The most ironic thing about this–the day after they let me go, my license became active with their B-D. So that will be on my U-4 forever. I was at Mass Mutual for one day in 2017.

Bummer, dude!! Sorry to hear that! :broken_heart:

Best of luck greenie! Always better to work for yourself. Buddy of mine just quit his full time job to join a start up for half his pay. Mad respect to the ppl who hustle for themselves!!

“as worthless as boobs on a boar hog”

Ok, that’s a new one. I might absorb this into my power executive vocabulary.

^love a good pair of boobs. I would argue that they are never useless… in my humble opinion.

[video:https://youtu.be/IXHRkVkgAfI width:500 height:500 autoplay:0]

Sorry to hear that Greenman, wish you the best of luck.

Congrats on the new move, Greenie - sounds exciting. It sucks being in a place that isn’t a good fit, you’ll be alright.

The phrase we used up in the hills was “***s on a boar” - flows a little smoother

Sorry to hear about the position, sounds like you’ll be better off in the long run, though

Best of luck, Greenman!

In a year I expect that we’ll hear that you’re opening branch offices all over Texas, and some in the civilized world as well.

gl

Ah… well doesn’t seem all that bad! You gave it a shot and it didnt work out for whatever reason… not a big deal!!

You’re opening ur own practice, which is a bigger, bolder move!! Good luck to you!!! Working for yourself will 100x more rewarding then working for some coksucker.

^Not sure if you really understand the concept of how “ur own practice” works, but if he’s successful, he’s going to go from having one boss to having hundreds of bosses, so yes, he will still be working for people.

Congratz Greenman! Happy for you!

I’ll lend you a few $ if you starving Greenie

Shut uppp!!!

Why back to HD Vest? Try to get in with a reputable RIA or even a big wirehouse team if that’s more your style.

oh damn s2k going for the kill

Good luck GM. I assume you can tap into a lot of your old tax clients and hustle up some decent AUM from those propane and propane accessory salesmen.