Bridgewater, think you could handle working there?

Reading about Ray Dalio about to make public his feedback tools and corporate culture of instant feedback and brutal honesty. I don’t know if I’d want to.

Something is wrong with the guy. It’s not just a culture of transparency; it is a personality cult. When you make employees follow a decision making manual based on your thought process, and design some kind of IQ test that gives you the highest score, I think you might not be normal.

I submitted an application there and got a rejection in under 24 hrs, pretty efficient I have to admit…

Bought the guy’s book on preorder, should be interesting.

Risk-parity models will implode one day and I’d have to tell that to Ray every day. He couldn’t handle me working there.

their econ video is amazin! i would be honored to work there.

They have some hot chick with the plummy accent working for dalio now

Headhunter tried to place me there…Apparently, they liked my res enough that they set me up for some weird on-line personality assessment exam. For example, there were questions like which do you value more, integrity or accomplishing goals? Basically, there wasn’t an easy answer so you end up putting whatever you think they want to hear. Problem is, as the test progresses they start to ask the same questions over and over but framed and worded differently. This way if you were 100% honest in the beginning your answers will show up as inconsistent in the test results. Can’t imagine this is what they’d look for, in any event I never heard from them again.

Yeah, some places do that weird test. Citadel has a similar thing, and places like McKinsey also. I’ve never experienced the Bridgewater process, but I guess they have a test as well. I don’t know what they are trying to figure out from these tests, and to be honest, I doubt it has any effect on quality of employees they hire - just like Google recently realized and announced that their brainteasers were not useful.

from a culture standpoint? no. I ain’t no snitch.

I’m a huge advocate of doing whatever the f*** you want as long as you produce high quality work. I would hate the nagging about shit that is insignificant. it would be like having a girlfriend who constantly b****es without any of the benefits of having a girlfriend.

i have a lot of respect for ray dalio. but why in the fuck would you advocate for long term bonds at this time period. the all weather bond thing is retarded yes?

that’s prolly what brought him down.

^See my comment on risk-parity. It’s a horribly flawed model based on 35 years of declining interest rates.

But it works for them. so there’s something to it.