Two MBAs?

If someone has already a hacksaw MBA but wants to increase their chances could they do a second MBA ?

Do admissions officers at good schools see this with a tone of negativity ?

2 mba > 1 mba

yep jus cancel out the factors m and b and a. and yes 2 > 1

No unless you are doing both in the US, many people do another masters in the states from countries like India.

Wait, have you considered this? If two MBAs is good, then three MBAs must be even better.

absolutely - if your education section makes up over 75% of your one page resume you’re a shoe in for the job.

but conversely, if two MBAs is no good, then zero MBAs must be even better. Hence either don’t get an MBA or get them all, QED.

Are you required to disclose the fact that you already have an MBA from another school?

Will be hard to explain the gap if OP did it full-time, even if he did it part-time it’s still a dishonest move, not a good thing imho.

It’s been a long time since I got my MBA, so I honestly don’t remember, but is that even a question they ask? For clarity, I’m talking about the admissions process at the potential 2nd MBA program, not the hiring process at a potential employer.

I kinda feel like if a person already has an MBA, they probably would never get admitted for another MBA. Might have a chance at a MS or MACY (Master of Accountancy). But you’d have to prove that there’s a reason behind getting the new degree.

If a person did get a new MBA (eg - a person has a part-time MBA from UT-Permian Basin, then wanted to go get a full-time MBA from UT-Austin), then that would be a big boon to their resume, and they would get recruited from whomever recruits at UT-Austin instead of whomever recruits from UT-Permian Basin

What matters is what has changed between the MBA programs, right? For instance, if you get a hacksaw MBA or a foreign one that might not be applicable to work here, then you work for 10 years and show dramatic success, much more than would have been initially expected, then maybe you have a case for being admitted to a more prestigious MBA like the venerated UTSA. However, if you just got the first MBA, and all the while convince yourself you should have a better one, so you apply for a more prestigious program soon after that… people will probably be like… ehhh…

We had a PM that had two MBAs. One was related to our industry and the other was in something like Russian Lit. So…um, yeah.

Russian Lit MBA?

^Yeah, something like that. It was really obscure. Something he wanted to do as a passion project.

Not to belabor the point but…what school offers a Business Administration degree with a major in Russian Literature?

I’m trying to think how that would even work.

Two different schools. IIRC, he got one from Wharton and the other from some fancy liberal arts school. I’ll try to look it up in our company archives. Hold please.

The Russian Literature masters degree would be an MA – not an MBA.

disagree - premium knowledge of russian literature can generate big business.

in soviet russia, car drives you. they already came up with it.