Example of efficiency improvement

“U.S. Navy swapping $38,000 periscope joysticks for $30 Xbox controllers on high-tech submarines”

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/u-s-navy-swapping-38000-periscope-joysticks-30-xbox-controllers-high-tech-submarines/

This is an example of why spending cuts in government don’t need to equal worse service. We just need to make things more efficient.

#2ndbestpresident

I don’t know about y’all but I’m not tired of winning yet.

Well, I wasn’t talking particularly about Trump - he actually wants to increase military spending. However, yes, I really believe the EPA or State Department can cut their budgets by 20% and accomplish the same goals if they were run efficiently.

_ The periscope itself is not the rotating tube most people think of thanks to Hollywood movies. Nowadays, the Pilot reported, subs are equipped with two photonics masts that rotate 360 degrees. High-resolution cameras send back images that are displayed on large monitors that everyone in the control room can see._

I now have zero interest in being a submarine captain.

The 360 controller is undoubtedly the best controller. And many would have grown up using it.

Good move.

so MSFT is a defense contractor now? pretty awesome way to recruit COD players to become predator drone operators. not long before Predator Strike 7 hits the shelves.

^If I have time I’ll try to look up the article, but there have been studies that show video game players, particularly FPS, do make better drone pilots. Seems pretty obvious, but the military needed to do a huge study to figure it out.

-1 to effiency

The Rylan Star League has known that for decades.

Sony’s PS4 is now the top selling console. MSFT fooked it up. and so did the usg by using xbox. they should really use gamecast controllers

#TeamSony #DualShock #PlayStation

^Maybe if you have Trump hands.

N64 controller was also great.

Makes me want to go home and watch “Toys”!!!

Large corporations with profit incentives struggle to be efficient. I think it’s hopeless for any large government organization to do it. There is no way we can central plan complex systems effectively and large government organizations do not have the same competitive pressure to optimize on their own.

I heard a recent theory that we should set meta rules on regulations and the fees to participate and let private firms be the regulators, with the government mostly auditing to ensure they comply with the meta rules. Sounds interesting but I suspect government would still bloat and it would end up even more inefficient, like bank regulation.