Risks of Harm from Spanking Confirmed by Analysis of Five Decades of Research

https://news.utexas.edu/2016/04/25/risks-of-harm-from-spanking-confirmed-by-researchers

Sure, but what about the effects of spanking on romantic relationships? I am asking for my friend.

What a load of anti-science nonsense! Primates evolved the behavior, men and elders deliver beatings, it works. Interfering with an evolved behavior is not wise, has resulted in the current state of disorder.

If spanking is common in the community of the child (like it was in the entire world up until 50 years ago), it’s not a problem. If you’re the only kid in the neighbor/school who still gets the belt for not cleaning up your room, you’re gonna have some problems.

Indian burn ftw

guess i should stop doing it, dont want to cause long term damage to the misses

ayyyoooooo, happy friday

Can’t believe I’m in the same universe with PA on this one. I have to say though that spanking seems to work in some select instances. I liken it to the schoolyard bully that just needs to be taught a lesson once in a great while.

Most parents probably overuse and misuse the tactic though.

This article/study is horrible, they need to define ethnical background and what “bad” means exactly. It works in more traditional asian cultures. This study is probably over 50 years old, demographic is probably mostly white US families.

I was beat a lot as a kid. I low key hate my dad for it. I don’t think I would ever do physical violence to teach a lesson. I would go with the you disappoint me route.

Apparently there is a tv show about some white kid who gets slapped.

White people, amirite?

yo nerdy we should hit up therapy together

Time to ban this pure alpha loser

Based off an Aussie book and TV show. US version has terrible ratings, looks terrible, whole premise is retarded.

I’ve seen a lot of movies lately involving some scenarios with step sisters. Is there a study on the effect of this on development? Again, asking for my friend.

OH man, shaming the family! That’s some hardcore Asian ish

my friends and I took home 4 chicks yesterday, 2 of them were sisters. But none of them wanted to fook!

Great shame!

Your mom, her mother and your 2 sisters?

Nah just some random chicks. So when’s the player haters ball birdman?