Do prayers work?

Srs question. Lots of people praying every day… wondered if it actually works… like;

‘****, I prayed for little Timmy and now he’s better - it must be (Vishnu / God / Allah / Jesus)’

Do you have an example of when you prayed for something and you think it worked?

I once prayed for the overall quality of posts on AF to improve. Sadly, it deteriorated and the quality curve subsequently took a bad trajectory and nose-dived directly into the toilet. Thus, I conclude it doesn’t work.

EDIT: This doesn’t include the OP’s post just now.

StL Edit: You’re not allowed to post anymore. You’ve asked me to ban you. You’ve asked me to help you stop posting. You’ve promised everyone here you’d stop posting. This is me helping.

Go away.

my wife died

Wait, what is going on here…

i pray a lot when i am struggling. its actually more of a negotiation with god. i swear to do a lot of things and change, be more spiritual, etc. lol but just like new year’s resolutions, i revert to myself pretty quickly. as in right after the exam, or when my survived cancer/sepsis, or when im out of trouble. bottomline, does prayer get me everything i want? absolutely not. lol. but prayer brought comfort while i felt stressed.

anyways here’s a tupac quote:

Who do you believe in?I put my faith in God Blessed and still breathin’And even though it’s hard That’s who I believe inBefore I’m leavin’, I’m askin’ the grievin’ Who do you believe in?

also why do people pray: (fear of judgment, fear of what we cant escape, and fear of the unknown).

What is it we all fear?, reflections in the mirrorWe can’t escape fate, the end is gettin’ nearer

Does getting pumped up by the coach giving an inspirational speech before the big game work?

I’ve seen studies that show people recover from serious illness/surgery faster if they pray, but methinks that could also just be the power of positive thinking.

For those that send prayers and best wishes to victims of natural disasters, for example, well it’s probably best explained in meme form:

Image result for prayer and wishes meme

Image result for prayer and wishes have arrived meme

1 like = 1 prayer

10 likes = gods gonna smile down on them

1000 likes = gods gonna stop smiting them with hurricanes (for a couple of months)

Are you praying to the same God that let this stuff happen in the first place?

#AMEN

pokhim, your wife didn’t really die, right?

You’d probably kill yourself too after a night with atush

lol at you guys not getting the british humour.

**** dude Na… She aint dead. Well her ***** might as well be dead… But she’s alive and kicking.

Damn, the level of depression in that sentence is over 9000.

Just pray for high probability events…it works…most of the time.

If it’s any consolation, after 10 years of marriage, for many that’s the norm…

#MarriedWithChildren

StL Edit: When you feel the urge to comment, take a step back and reevaluate your life.

Tank.

Oops. I somehow edited myself. Please disregard.

It really depends on what you mean by ‘work’.

Research has proven that prayer does indeed ‘change things’.

By research, I mean documented historical events (theologically/historically) as well as in the brain function and chemistry (neurologically).