London-is it expensive?

I’m going to London for the first time in December with my girlfriend. Anyone know how much average expenses run each day for two people? (Excluding accomodation)

I live in London homie…

Without accommodation, I was getting by on c£1200pm for a few yrs. It really depends how much of a baller you want to be… .But i guess you’re asking the question coz ur want to know the cheaper end?..

• accommodation - £800- £1500pm between 2
  • bills and council tax - £150-300pm between 2
  • transport too and from work by tube - £150-300pm each
  • misc stuff - £1k each pm to get you through.

Let me know if you need more info

We have accommodation locked down in Stratford. We managed to use a friends place for the holiday. We staying there for about a week in Dec, close to Christmas. Basically I’m asking how much food, transport and misc stuff would cost for the two of us for a week. I was thinking about £1,500? Too little?

Ah ok… Yeah i think £1500 will be ok. Although it depends where you eat and what you’re doing.

If you eat at average places and going to the tourist sites then i think you should be good. If you want to go higher end of the food then save up a bit more.

2 good value places you should try -

1. cheeky nandos - ask anyone they will tell you

2. burger and lobster - always go for the lobster.

That’s perfect. Do you think more £1,800? Or even £2,000? I’m thinking about the odd misc purchase here and there.

Just don’t agree to meet up with anyone from AF while you are there. Otherwise, you’ll wake up in an alley with no cash and $5000 of Cristal billed to your credit card.

Someone might spend that on a hot Asian chick.

^Those don’t exist in London. which is why pokhim’s story, in an AF Legend’s immortal words; “Never Happened”.

1500 should be okay as long as you aren’t going out for big dinners + drinks everyday

Are you asking how much cash to bring, or just how much you should budget? I would bring very little cash and use a credit card as much as possible (there are plenty with no annual fee and no fee for international use). You’ll get a better exchange rate and won’t have to worry about having a lot of cash with you. Ideally, your bank has an agreement with a UK-based bank and you can hit ATM’s for odd bits of cash when needed. I know my bank (BofA) has an agreement with Barclays and I can use Barclays ATM’s in the UK with no fee and I get the official exchange rate.

burger & lobster is great but they exist elsewhere in the world and would only suggest this if you dont live somewhere that has them already. Believe its 20 pounds in the UK but 20 USD in the us (could be wrong, thought i remembered it being that when I was there)

dude… i can 100% tell u it happend. I lay my c o ck on the line for it.

oh dude… i didnt know that. cool story

London’s cheaper than it’s been in a long time due to Brexit so good time to go. Prices should be comparable to major cities worldwide. It’s not exceptionally expensive - certainly not anymore.

London folk; where to get the best fish and chips and meat pie?

Scotland

JD Salinger Presents:

London: Stratford Area

Is it expensive?

Do things cost a lot there??

Let’s find out!