help choosing phone

need to decide between iphone 8 Plus and galaxy s8 plus. going to keep it 3+ years. please help decide.

I’m an Android person, but I’m seriously considering switching from Galaxy to Pixel. Project Fi is very appealing to me.

I personally would go with Galaxy. The question is what do you need out of a phone?

I don’t know if I will ever leave apple

I’m drunk and awake. Please please please. I will have headaches tomorrow. I can’t take this.

iphone x or hacksaw

I would get the X if you’re going to have it for three years. The screen is amazing on that thing. I actually looked into the Pixel briefly given I use more Google software than Apple software, but it seems Apple hardware is still leading the pack among the experts.

AAPL iPhone X

iphone x and pixel are not options. pretty hacksaw i know.

looks like apple has the best processor while samsung has the nice screen

why get the plus? its so extra, my dainty hands cant handle

I just got this: https://oneplus.net/ca_en/oneplus-5t?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=CA&utm_term=brand&utm_content=op5t_open_sale&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvrfSBRC2ARIsAFumcm9fjIXWirOC_rC-82XkfT5V-0cJQ5bdbUNkCROiqRJz6jyUCBAtK1saAsc9EALw_wcB

OnePlus 5T

Very pleased with it but has some drawbacks (namely camera is not as good as other flagships)

Review: https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-5t-806127/

Pixel 2 is older. I’m sure the next one will catch up or beat Apple. Last I checked, Galaxy was slightly ahead of Apple on hardware. But we may be in seperate echo chambers :slight_smile:

Does Iphone have battery saving modes yet? Samsung’s three modes are pretty legit.

its free so i think the plus has higher resale value in the future?

i read the combo if the new apple processor in the ip8 and hardware is unreal. the negative vs samsung is the ability to customize and the redic screen galaxy has

Older? The two phones came out within like a month of each other.

No echo chamber here, I’ve actually used a Galaxy and an iPhone contemporaneously (one for work, one personal) and much preferred the iPhone. Granted, this was years ago so maybe things have changed.

There is a battery saver mode for iOS now. One feature I do wish Apple implemented which Samsung has is the ability to show the time on the display when it’s sleeping… makes it much less awkward to check the time during a meeting that way.

my sister loving her pixel 2. im going have to say. i may consider switching. im stuck with the iphone 7 until this december. BUTTTTTT, i get a free phone too, any phone, just gotta expense that shizz. its far easier to talk to the google phone though than fucking siri.

pixel 2 is en route

how did monkey get back here

switched to project fi a little over a year ago & honestly im going to leave within the next 6 months. It doesnt switch to secure wifi often enough so i chew through data, i dont really see a benefit over a carrier like t mobile if you are in a populated area. Was excited to try it but google as per usual just throws its pet projects away and doesnt invest in them.

Pixel is dope though, i have Pixel XL 1 and absolutely love it

I bought the Essential Phone on Cyber Monday from Amazon. It didn’t get great reviews initially, because of software and camera issues. But those have been resolved through updates. Good screen, fast and lots of storage. Good value for money overall.