I want to be the very best no one ever was! what it takes to be in the coveted 1%? income and wealth in world and us.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp

Ranking by Income

According to the Global Rich List, a website that brings awareness to worldwide income disparities, an income of $32,400 a year will allow you to make the cut. $32,400 amounts to roughly:

• 30,250 Euros
  • 2 million Indian rupees, or
  • 223,000 Chinese yuan

So if you’re an accountant, a registered nurse or even an elementary school teacher, congratulations. The average wage for any of these careers falls well within the top 1% worldwide.

Figure 1. The percentage of global wealth owned by the top 1% surpassed 50% as of 2016.

Ranking by Wealth

The threshold is significantly higher if you look at the top percentile by wealth instead of income. To reach that status, you’d have to possess $770,000 in net worth, which includes everything from the equity in your home to the value of your investments. That’s equal to roughly:

• 720,000 Euros
  • 49.8 million Indian rupees or
  • 5.3 million Chinese yuan
    Making 1% Ranks in U.S.

Who constitutes the 1% if you just look at the U.S.? Not surprisingly, it takes a massively higher income to crack the top percentile of wage earners: you’d have to make $450,000 in adjusted gross income (AGI) to make the cut.

And to rank among the highest 1% of Americans by wealth? That requires net assets of more than $7 million, based on the latest Federal Reserve figures.

Compare that to the wealth of $49,460 for the average adult living in North America and $11,319 for Europeans. Now, the median wealth represents what most people have, the average will be much higher especially in countries where assets are so skewed toward the ultra-rich, like the United States. The average wealth of the U.S. wealthy is $344,692 per adult

What are those numbers in lakh rupees and adjusted for purchasing power in central Kolkata? Tanks.

La, la, la, la wait till I get my money right la, la, la, la then you cant tell me nothing right Excuse Me, is you saying something? Uh, uh, you can’t tell me nothing (Ha ha) you can’t tell me nothing Uh, uh, you can’t tell me nothing

I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, but then I woke up and spent it on a necklace

Wait, what? That can’t possibly be right!

You’re thinking about that report about how the top 1% worldwide made 82% of the gains in the past year arent you

CS puts a good wealth report out on this topic:

https://www.credit-suisse.com/corporate/en/research/research-institute/global-wealth-report.html

In the US, being a millionaire puts you in the top 6.4% of the adult population (4.7% overall). Thinking about it globally, you are in the top 0.6% of all people. There are very very few people that have a net wealth above $10M. It comes to about 0.35% of the adult population in the US (0.25% total). For the world, you would be in the 0.0258%.

lulz yea. fucking cnbc.