CMT Workload

I work in a front office trading role and I am considering doing CMT. I am wondering what the workload is vs CFA.

*Note* - not looking for opinions on the value add of technical analysis.

Why are you considering CMT? You do know that technical analysis is, at best, useless?

“I realized technical analysis didn’t work when I turned the chart upside down and didn’t get a different answer.” --Warren Buffett

What does technical analysis have to do with Country Music Television?

Where’s that LIKE button when you need it?

#BestCommentToday

I always see a CMT when I need a legit rubdown. They don’t normally offer “extras” though.

It can’t be that hard, given the “chartists” I have seen…

Related image

I wouldn’t be so quick to cast judgment . . .

I cleared its Level 1 back in Oct’15, decided not to continue further. Their annual membership fees is much higher than that of CFA, it is not much recognized either. The requirements of getting a membership requires you to get 3 or 4 sponsors with not more than one being from your organization which I feel is weird and getting sponsors can be difficult outside USA like India only has 39 active members, also I would rather just get the L2 and L3 books and study for my knowledge rather than spending so much money and energy on taking the exams. Getting this certification won’t opening any new job prospects either so why spend money and time, get the books and study them at your own pace given you already are a Charterholder. Btww the Level 1 was really easy though I liked studying the curriculum but I won’t write anymore exams.

Yeah, I heard best was to just buy the books.