Meditating

To all AF people who have meditated for a period longer than 3 months:

Apart from the state of calm and the euphoria that follows afterward what are the long terms benefits y’all have seen from meditating ?

I have started to meditate for a little over a month and it has definitely helped me, but I was wondering about the long term effects of it. Also please do not talk about Aliens or 3D states (you know who ) .

Once you hit 1 year, meditation becomes akin to watching green tea brew through a clear glass on a Phantom Flex 4K on a dark and stormy day in late June during typhoon season.

Think of it as incremental changes that are not noticeable day to day but compound greatly over time. Everyone has different weaknesses, so it’ll impact different aspects of people differently. For example, I’ve become much more empathetic and understanding. This has helped me from social success to workplace accomplishments.

But honestly I’m not sure if I can isolate what impacts occurred from meditation. As you become a more mindful person, a lot of stuff just starts to improve and those results also compound on themselves.

Social success? Huuuuuuh

What is the frequency and duration of your sessions ?

usually an hour a week . I shell out roughly 400 bucks

Thank.

It varies. When I started, I did probably 30 minutes a day. Lately I’ve been working a ton and haven’t done much, but I still approach life things in a mindful way. So it’s similar practice just not as effective (think assisted pull up a vs the unassisted). I do it during walks to work, for example

For me it’s been a subtle boost in my cognitive ability. I don’t why but I’m more in the zone when I start coding or thinking about problems.

Neurologically, if meditation causes you to relieve anxiety, your mind will function at a higher level.

https://www.dhamma.org/en-US/index

Check the videos out, they will explain better than anyone here probably can.

That’s too corny for my taste.

Lol its the real deal man, I guarantee it. As real as it gets. And its not corny.

Too corny. Gimmie David Lynch.