TFW largest single daily drop in history

Down ~1500 points on the dow at its lowest point today, biggets drop in history based on algos

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-suffers-1500-point-collapse-as-computer-driven-selling-amplifies-rout-2018-02-05

fake news

points dont matter. percentages do.

Saying its the 16th biggest % drop compared with historicals and 9th biggest when at its low isn’t as sexy, nerdy

• Wayne Gretzky

Unbelievable what Hillary is doing to the stock market!

I blame ETFs.

When are we gonna get that thread, stl?

Pretty sure the pedo Nazi Russian conspiracy is responsible for hacking the market.

moar SPLX plz

MAGA

Yup, media is at it again, cooking up BS. It’s a 8% S&P500 correction so far (I don’t follow the irrelevant DOW), yawn.

So, is Trump taking credit for the market downturns also?

Image may contain: 1 person, text

^ Apparently that is fake. Photoshop.

On a more serious note, why do people look at the Dow if it is price-weighted and doesn’t include the biggest companies (other than tradition)?

YES DOWN with the DOW JONES. S&P 500 is more superior. absoultely retarded that they weigh it by price.

It’s been around longer and has more notoriety. And people have heard of the companies in the Dow.

Because 120 years ago, it was too hard to calculate a market cap weighted index. So they invented a simple price weighted index. People use it now because they used it before and before and before…

Even if this just ends up being a flash crash type event, this market ain’t right. The aging bull is getting strange and deranged. Bitcoin bubble, volatility funds nuked, gov market pumping, buy the dip is a religion, numbers moving in weird ways that “aren’t supposed to happen.”

I’ve got SPX puts expiring end of this year for protection. But also selling a bit of misc stuff that I still hold in the US market.

now now I’m not Russian and have no familial ties with Russia but “Nazi Russian” is insulting…After all the Russians fought hard in WWII and notably in the Battle of Stalingrad nearly wiping out an entire 6th Army and 4th Army - killed +600,000 Germans - including majority of German’s special forces divisions.

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/investments/91345269

For anyone who may not venture over to the other boards.

Purealpha: the man (?), the myth, the legend.