New BMW X4: the most ugly BMW?

This is the first BMW that caused me to physically recoil when I saw the picture. Maybe it will grow on me though…

Still, it is better than what I consider to be the ugliest vehicle on sale today:

2013 INFINITI QX56

As a side note, I was walking by a Porsche Macan S the other day, and I thought, you know, if this was just lowered to a sports sedan height, it would be an ideal vehicle. Think about a small Porsche sedan/hatchback. I don’t know why everything has to be an SUV now.

Yeah, that car is gross. It looks like a 1979 AMC Concord.

oh sheesh… i like the bimmer… the X4 is nice!

I don’t know what the interior is like though? I stll prefer my range rover

In general, I don’t think the interior is as good as Mercedes’ or Audi’s, but it looks better than in previous BMWs. It’s apparent that BMW has taken some effort to upgrade the quality of their materials and design. The seats look pretty nice. I don’t like most BMW seats; they are very hard and don’t have much bolstering, but these look not bad.

The red stitching all over is really tacky, especially for a weird SUV like this, and so is the M badging (although in BMW’s defense, lots of car brands are throwing labels like S-Line or AMG onto lower market cars for marketing purposes). The rear seating area looks Sad!, but that’s probably not a priority for people who buy cars like this.

Its only fitting that these photos are taken by a body of water. BMW is a sinking ship and the designer should be drowned.

^lol. i vote ugly.

I wouldn’t say BMW is declining. Their mission has just shifted with their changing customer base. This mean a greater focus on luxury and gaudy cars like this, in addition to less differentiation in the market compared to 2000 and earlier. They are still capable of making basic, good sports cars like the M2. However, they can’t charge more than around $50k for that sort of car nowadays, so they need other products.

1 series is uglier