Saudi arabia spending $500B to construct new city, 33x size of NYC

Supposedly to diversify the economy. Presumably this will be to address their whole issue of being tied to just oil. I like it, they’re thinking big and going in in a big way. Better way to spend their money than just letting it all go to young royals crashing ferraris in london or whatever. Not sure what sorts of industries they would really be able to contribute to though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/saudi-arabia-building-billion-mega-bigger-new-york-city-a8230731.html

Neat. Would be a lot cooler if they stopped killing people in Yemen. Maybe do that first then build the city. Priorities and such.

My old IBer boss is always doing deals with the royals over there, he keeps saying there is retarded amounts of money. I guess so!

At any given time you can make similar claims against any major power. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from watching the ME over these past 20 years its that there are no good guys or innocent parties involved in any of those conflicts (US inclusive).

Huh, so they are going to build basically another Dubai, complete with a bunch of unoccupied buildings probably. Protip: if they want to make the next NY/London/Silicon Valley combined into one and populate it with people representing the “next phase of humanity”, maybe put it somewhere without systematic oppression of women and where people other than Indian migrant workers want to move.

Objection: cultural judgment, with no anchor to natural law. “But muh subjective morality!”

America systematically oppresses women using social engineering to force them to act like men, to maximize profits. If “oh so multicultural” Americans don’t want to do business there, it leaves more fun for the Chinese, Koreans, Indians, and other maintainers of the patriarchy.

Plans are by their nature forward looking, thus not necessarily concerned with collapsing America’s virtue signaling.

Of course. The Saudis are backed by the US, they’re complicit here too.

Just seems hard to get excited about some $500B super city when the same people are directly responsible for a famine effecting millions of innocent people.

they arent just sexists. from what i hear they are pretty racist too. at least to my kind. lol. i remember playing ball with a saud and a filipino who came from saud. the filipino on the low key was describing a pretty damn backward place. but they both got a long well in the US of A!

Fun, like how they just started letting women drive? Or like how they can’t talk to males without their male guardian present, or marrry/divorce/travel without permission from their male guardian? Or fun like how their morality police kept those girls in that burning school because they didn’t have their hijabs on? Nah that place is backwards. If you weren’t such a reflexive anti western troll you’d see his stupid you sound.

Nah America is backwards. If you weren’t such a confused troll you’d see his stupid you sound.

What happened to “multi-culturalism,” libtard?

No no no PA. See, when Muslims are in Saudi Arabia they’re all backwards POS’s that don’t value American equality but when the same person comes to the US they’re magically transformed into threads in the wonderful cultural fabric of America that cannot be questioned without being labeled a bigot.

That’s a great statement. I, for one, never question magical transformations or fabric or threads, lest I be summarily labeled.