Electric Vehicle users on AF

What up y’all? Looking to cop an electric car. Long story as to why. Can those of you who own EVs chime in on how you went about your purchase/research process? I’ll be based in SF. Appreciate the input in advance.

cop

to get, recieve, purchase, steal, or have

Yo im about to cop a drink, want one?

We like long stories here man. Let us know why you want an EV.

You given up in finance and wanna do Uber?..

All my friends who bought Tesla basically want it for the same reason people buy other expensive cars. It’s s a fun toy and status accessory.

i.e. armor to shield against anyone seeing the authentic self (fear of it not being adequate). i’ve been there. much happier here.

from what i hear, tesla’s brand is even more sought after than a beamer bens or bentley!

Don’t own a car, ever.

Model it out, it’s a huge net worth booster.

Somehow I get the impression that if we followed your advice PA no one would own anything but china equity indexes.

World-beating china equity indexes, for 25yrs now.

That would be called the correct investment decision. :bulb:

Who needs the utility of a car, amiright? No one should own one. For that matter, who needs pants too? Gonna start a movement here brahs.

invest in BYD, buffett does

The Chinese drive so many cars that no one can breath well anymore and babies are being born in traffic jams left and right. In Korea it seems like most people take the bus cause they don’t have that much money :neutral_face:

Wifey is all about the clean energy. Cali folks. Plus, it seems to be lower cost overall. Post incentive, it’s cheaper from a repair and charging standpoint. Thinking about waiting till newer models are released to overcome the range levels of these vehicles.

Living the city, cars have negative utility. People buy them because they are brainwashed that you “have to” have one (or two).

Not comparable to pants.

Cars destroy the environment, period. All the “clean energy” talk is just corporate propaganda.

Gawd it would be so fantastic if (when) this happens!

“As a reality check, Tesla is worth twice as much as Ford, yet Ford made 6 million cars last year at a $7.6 billion profit while Tesla made 100,000 cars at a $2 billion loss.”

Tesla is just months from a total collapse, says hedge-fund manager

i3 bmw brand new 10k off through costco. :slight_smile:

but i personally wont get any car until there is autonomous driving!

You are joking about the Costco BMW sales. However, there is presumably overflowing inventory of this model, given the lease deals people claim to be getting:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/lease-a-bmw-i3-as-low-as-125-a-month-0-drive-off-yes-really-updated-for-may/11153

purealpha is right about cars. When you’re poor and unemployed, you have to save money. Checkmate as usual.

I heard that.

Saving money early by never having a car is what makes you rich and unemployed (TVM).

The checkmate is looking at American median wealth and savings rate. Bam!

no joke at all.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/bmw-costco-offering-deals-worth-up-to-10-000

i3 is cheap!