USA Gun Violence

3,154 killed in 2018 thus far. 521 suspects shot by police. 64 police shot.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

I think we have the gun debate covered in other threads. I’m inclined to lock it but I’ll leave it open for now. Maybe someone will change their stance on their interpretation of the 2nd amendment, flip their views on abortion, and reverse their position on organized religion.

Or, more likely, I’ll go get a massage and hit happy hour and forget this thread exists until Monday when it’s 5 pages long.

The other is specifically about mass shootings, which are only a small part of overall fatalities :bulb:

Its glamorous being the moderator of the most important part of the biggest CFA forum out there, isnt it?

Damn Right I am Somebody

Update: 3,154 3,259 killed in 2018 thus far. 521 547 suspects shot by police. 64 65 police shot.

If all the suspects also had guns these trajedies could be avoided.

Just heard al sharpton talking about stephon clark on npr. He was talking about how clark had done nothing wrong and how the cops had been wrong and how courts of law are supposed to be deciding guilt and how cops shouldn’t be arbiters of life and death. This after the dude was wearing all black at night, breaking and entering and burglarizing houses, getting spotted by police, running and then when being confronted coming at the cops who mistook a phone he had for a gun and getting shot. Al sharpton is like blm in the people he chooses to represent, they just choose the worst possible people. It’s so ridiculous. He reminds me of putin with the whole ‘all the responsibility is on everyone else’ mindset.

i feel bad for those kids screaming their lines into the microphone with their shrill little voices. no matter how much money is propping them up, nothing is ever going to change. tough lesson to learn with the world staring at you.

^ I gather there is some business going on in the states with the corporate media using kids as props to emotionally manipulate the masses? Not shocking. “Say our liberal stuff, get a lolly pop.” Sicko fascists.

uh yea right out of Hitler’s playbook.

People killin’, people dyin’ Children hurt and you hear 'em cryin’Will you practice what you preach?And would you turn the other cheek? Father, father, father, help us Send some guidance from above These people got me, got me questionin’

WHERE IS THE LOVE YALL

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

• Matthew 10:28

oh I’m looking forward to more from this guy!

memes are really good at capturing the truth in a simple, easy to digest format

Image result for second amendment meme

Days with no U.S. totalitarian dictators: 82,646

And only 4 presidential democracies have lasted more than 30 years. Your point is stupid, cw, the US is an outlier for many reasons and not a good basis for comparison to other what would happen if its system was applied to other places.

you should learn about necessary vs sufficient conditions.

Image result for GUN CONTROL MEME