Bump Stocks Explained for the dumb

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2IOZ-5Nk5k]

It’s pretty interesting to see how such a somewhat primitive tool can turn a semi-automatic rifle into a somewhat capable quasi-automatic machine. Its worth pondering how people come up with obscure ways to short-circuit the legislation like this. Interested to know the opinion of the more savvy gun shooters in the forum.

If you find this interesting, you’d also find the <80% loophole interesting as well. Its how people can make ar15’s without serial numbers by getting them 80% or less finished, they just bore out the barrel.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an-untraceable-ar-15-ghost-gun/

Also, that guys got some juicy biceps. Entertaining video. Not gonna lie, I don’t own any guns (I have shot in the past in scouts and with family and whatnot), but that looked like a lot of fun and I’m tempted to buy one with a bump stock now and go down to the range and have some fun. Looks like a blast.

I doubt the bump stocks are legal in Mass.

So infinitybenzo and I discussed the accuracy before and he made the point that neither true automatic or a bump stock has much difference in accuracy (I haven’t shot one). That’s different from what I’ve been told. Although I thought about it and it may be because most full autos are fired from a bipod which would eliminate most of the recoil needed to operate the bump stock. Also, converting a semi auto to full auto will typically A) not fire accurately and B) break quickly because full autos are built with heavier barrels and parts although you could replace those to bring it up to spec.

Anyhow, I’m fine with them banning bump stocks. No reason to really exist, I don’t view them as tactically anything of an improvement (and most I’ve read about it agree) so glad to get the flashpoint out of the way. It also does violate the spirit of existing laws.

wow - interesting

“This is a 40 round clip.” No, it’s not a clip. It’s a magazine. Calling a magazine a clip is like nails on a chalkboard.

If you place your trigger finger in your belt-loop when firing you can turn your semi-automatic rifle into an automatic. It pretty much acts like a bump stock.

lol yeah clip versus magazine

that guy in the video is ok…i prefer hickock45

many years ago I shot the full auto mp5 and it was spray and pray…think i said this story in the other thread.

loopholes? attend some gun shows and buy some 2nd hand guns at cheap prices… Real fun…Private sellers selling everything you can imagine. 50 cal? check. 20 inch barrel 5.56 with scope and night vision? check. 40 round mags? check. no ID? check. All cash? even better!

You like that guy in the video? …Why don’t you marry him?

hahaha

oh hear the bell ringing are you ready for your Social Studies pop quiz?