Focus/Fiesta ST discounts

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a20106241/ford-fiesta-focus-st-rs-deals/

Apparently, you can buy new Focus ST for under $18k now. I know it’s a 6 year old car, but that’s cheaper than base Honda Civic…

Can’t figure out if you have a fetish for that electric blue color or small hatchbacks.

Yeah, I don’t get it.

I don’t really like the blue color. However, these hatchback cars are the optimal vehicles for most every day uses. As a matter of personal preference, I would also prefer to drive a car of this size day-to-day than a larger car like an SUV.

But anyway, what was specifically interesting in this case is the price drop. If Porsches or something were selling for a 25% to 30% discount to their original MSRP, I would think that to be interesting also.

hatchbacks are gross looking. they are very practical. i’ll give you that!

kind of like fanny packs!

Mini-vans FTW

Nerdy gets it.

I’d buy Audi Rs6 Avant if it came to the US.

However, I don’t like fanny packs so not much significance there between the two.

Hatchbacks and Minivans… WC is going the way of the responsible hedge fund PM … only proper…

different strokes for different folks! i think if i would get this shape. i would get something cheap like the honda fit simple due to practicality.

i have driven my friend’s porsche panamera. its cool inside and everything, but nah! i i dont like how it looks outside. i dont like tesla x. prius or the bmw i3.

What I’m saying is that you can get a 200-250 hp car for the price of the Honda Fit, due to those Ford discounts. You’d have to drive stick every day though, which everyone claims is great, but really it sucks for normal use.

In terms of styling, there are good and bad hatchback cars. Good example = Mercedes E Class wagon. Bad example = Porsche Panamera (although the current model is not bad).

yeah I really despise the Panamera design.

I was joking about the minivan. Those tiny hatchbacks are lame.

Thank heavens.

You’re only one kid away from minivan territory. I got snipped before I had to face the logistical challenges of three children.

It’s like a Choose Your Own Adventure book. You either get your balls mutilated or buy a Honda Odyssey. There are no alternatives.

I’ve long been tracking the market based on Ohai sentiment. The fact that he is shopping for hatchbacks should be a clear signal that the market is going to tank.

No way man! We have one of those explorer platinums with the second row bucket seats if you just remove the console (or order one that doesn’t have the rear center console) your oldest kid can just walk right to the back and strap themselves in once they hit like 5.

That being said, we’ve been weighing the snipping decision. I don’t know if I can bring myself to do it. Plus there are not discredited studies linking it to dementia, although I think you could argue too many kids can do that as well. I guess they’re saying the proteins in the sperm are similar to the ones in your brain and because they are now unnaturally deposited in the body, the bloodstream develops antibodies to the sperm (how they’re absorbed) and those antibodies may attack your brain cells. After the initial two small studies that found a link (to my knowledge) very little further research was done which I find suspect given the cottage industry that’s built up around that procedure.

^Yeah, bucket seats are dope. My wife drives an Enclave with second row bucket seats so she can carpool 17 kids around or whatever (she’s good at Tetris).

I seriously didn’t notice until after we got the Enclave that there were already four other families on my block that have them. Living in suburbia is wonderful.

wtf is going on here we talking about financiers and corollas. focus’ and fiestas?