"Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Canadian_Maple_Syrup_Heist

“Over the course of several months between 2011 and 2012, nearly 10,000 barrels were stolen in a suspected insider job from a FPAQ facility in Saint-Louis-de-Blandford, Quebec. The syrup was stored in unmarked white metal barrels only inspected once a year. Thieves used trucks to transport barrels to a remote sugar shack, where they siphoned off the maple syrup, refilled the barrels with water, then returned them to the facility.[2] As the operation progressed, the thieves started siphoning syrup directly off barrels in the Reserve without refilling them. The stolen syrup was trucked to the south (Vermont) and east (New Brunswick), where it was trafficked in many small batches to reduce suspicion. It was typically sold to legitimate syrup distributors who were unaware of its origin.”

It’s getting hard to treat you guys as a real country…

There’s an episode on Netflix of the doc series Dirty Money about this if anyone is interested.

hey man, don’t bad mouth our syrup cartel although they do get us into some sticky situations.

I always put maple syrup on my oatmeal. Am I contributing to the problem???

Real maple syrup is expensive @( $1,300 per barrel).

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/maple-syrup-heist

This is exactly how I picture Canadians getting around town, and driving to/from work. Is this the Chevy Suburban Canada model?

Nope this way is better…

DUDE! Sick! Is that an invite? I’ll bring the syrup!

I saw this episode. It was pretty interesting. I collected sap for a couple months in Canada. I was there for one full season one year and for about a week the next year. It was only 2-3 of us on about 1800-2000 trees. We had an evaporator and would put the syrup in beer kegs. I think we had 400 gallons of syrup one season, which was really good for them. 400 gallons of syrup is 16,000 gallons of sap, as it is a 40:1 ratio. The trees mainly produce when the temperature bounces around 32F.

Wtf is a gallon.

3.78L

lol.

Image result for super troopers chugging syrup gif

Gallons are liters expressed in freedom units.

Fixed that for you.