Kim vs Trump—Showdown in Singapore!

My money is on Kim. :+1:

Battles are won before they are fought, and Kim rolls into town already sitting on a win. The US tried full-sanctions, but South Korea stocks (manufacturing, military, etc) have been going crazy speculating on more business with NK…people wanting to do biz, is the opposite of trying to stop people from doing biz. So Kim already broke America’s only useable weapon. And it’s not really clear what the heck the US is trying to achieve anyhow, obviously Kim won’t give up his nukes. Obviously there will be no unification. Just political posturing, I guess?

Seems like it’s only a question now of how big a win Kim can get. Trump wants the appearance of having accomplished something, so make him pay up bigly for that!

This is how I see it playing out.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnP_mZAv8gE]

you should read art of the deal. great read

Is this kim Kardashian vs ivanka trump?

I definitely would go with ivanka.

Kim’s bodyguards are using the famous “Flying V” formation.

A question for any poker players out there… if you could play poker heads up against anyone in the world, who would you choose?

I’d pick Trump.

And it’s totally fine if that’s how they want to constantly reinforce in the minds of billions of people.

while the V can work, it is also how bowling pins are set. Confucius say.

Butterfly spread.

i think rodman might share the noble prize with trump

Image result for rodman gif

To you youngsters out there, Dennis Rodman was - purely in basketball terms - one of a kind. Remarkable player.

Kim is so fun, courteous and gracious. Very Korean! Up-and-coming player. :+1:

I can’t tell what he was saying, but my Korean friends say he’s very eloquent. Trump was just Trump, he seemed a bit afraid, like he was out of his depth, cautious of traps everywhere. What’s up Mr. Art of the Deal? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever since I watched a program about it, I get fascinated looking at the body language and subtle cues when major leaders meet and interact. Today, when they first presented themselves, I noticed it was trump who took the “dominant” role with the hand on the back of Kim’s shoulder. It was as if Trump was the larger figure welcoming Kim, even though it is a neutral location. Seems the obvious position for Trump coming from our point of view, but I wonder if in Kim’s mind if he perceives himself as the submissive guest. I would not have thought he would!

Then later as they sat, I noticed Trump’s horrible sitting body language remains as weak as ever! (Hands touching… insecurity, chest closed off, hunched over) It has to have been pointed out to him how awful it is by now! Is it some sort of strategy of his?? Kim, on the other hand, has much stronger and confident body language here.

Right (from the Western perspective), Korean/Asia culture sees it a bit different…

In the West personal intimidation (like picking dandruff off Macron’s shoulder) is considered “so alpha.” Trump puts a lot of energy into that sort of thing, but wisely toned it down. That behavior here is considered distasteful, uncouth, seedy, and low-class. Kim was very Korean; pleasant, upbeat, true smile (just a bit of initial awkward at handshake, maybe cause he suspects Trump will do some weird alpha ape stuff?). But yeah, after that Trump is sort of disingenuous suspicious slouching criminal look (we hate that here, posture matters!).

The other thing is that Asians see context. Kim runs this game; he baited the US into this whole series of events, and he knows Asia, yet was gracious. Just be respectful to elder dotard Trump and let him pretend to be in control.

Kim’s performance will play very well all over Asia, I think! :+1:

4D

Image may contain: 1 person

On Netflix there is this travel series called “Departures”. In season 3 they visit NPRK (as they HAD to call it) Obviously most of the trip was a real time propaganda parade… but the North Korea hosts themselves were indeed charming individuals and as the episodes goes on, the masks come off some. Its terrific!. Anyway, the trip culminated at the incredible festival held every year in Pyongyang (Arirang Festival) OMG! It has to be the most impossibly stunning productions on the planet! The amount of cooperation and talent it has to take… it’s breathtaking!

I worry a production like that is only possible in a culture where the externality is massive human rights violation. I would hope whatever changes that might happen, the arts and culture can survive it!

^ I remember watching this series years ago. Might have to rewatch the NPRK episode!

Nice! Love the series!

Holy moly trump just check mated Kim made him sign that paper.