The Smoothie Thread

This thread will be for contributing your smoothie recipes. Smoothies are a great way to get the nutrients you need in a heathy small meal. Almost half my diet is becoming smoothies. I generally have only coffee for breakfast then a smoothie for lunch and then a large dinner with a meat. I feel much better limiting my meat consumption. Makes sense because every food has vibratory frequency and dead flesh and animal products have the lowest.

I call this one Clean and Green:

1 cup coconut water

1 banana

1 cup frozen mango

2 celery stalks

1/2 lemon

handful spinach

chia seeds

pepitas

Tbsp coconut oil

tsp spirulina

tsp turmeric

This packs a zesty punch w a buttload of nutrients.

I call this one “the splatter”, guaranteed to purge your body of micro monitoring devices planted by the government, as well as other harmful implants.

1/4 cup Metamucil (Generic brands like “Wal-Mucil” are also acceptable)

2 TB Oxypowder ™

4 ounces organic flax seeds

1 teaspoon Paprika for fiery sensation

2 cups prune juice (not from concentrate)

1 handful of blueberries

A banana (optional)

It is recommended to follow up this concoction with regular dosage of Tiger’s Jump male supplement (link below) to aid in stamina recovery.

http://a.co/am16J1L

This will greatly improve your life. Give tanks to me later.

I’m a fan of smoothie bowls, but can’t eat them as much now that I’m in a ketogenic state off and on throughout the year. It also feels more like a meal to me than drinking something.

never heard of a smoothie bowl. explain.

It’s basically a thicker smoothie served in a bowl with some toppings. Ripened bananas are the base generally and then you use other berries or fruits

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/berry-banana-smoothie-bowl/

These are some of my favorites:

Strawberry: Almond mylk, strawberries, banana, and hemp seeds blended smooth. Topped with: Chocolate covered strawberry gluten free granola, sliced banana, honey roasted PB, and shredded coconut.

Green: almond mylk, mango, banana, orange, seasonal greens, shredded coconut, and honey blended smooth. Topped with: granola, fresh fruit, shredded coconut, and honey drizzle.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a smoothie in my entire life.

12-16oz Strawberries

4-8oz Almond Butter

2 Bananas

and throw in some lettuce or kale (I like baby kale)

and 2-3 scoops Vega essentials

My main jam - I don’t make smoothies that much anymore though. I rotate with peanut butter on the strawberry mix, and also sometimes use cherries or blackberries.

Cherries are great as there are no seeds. That crap gets stuck in my teeth and mouthpiece at the gym. As does the greens (especially regular Kale).

I don’t know if we have talked about this before on here, but from a keto perspective - do you think abstaining from fruit is really the best thing to do - health wise?

I need a good protein smoothie (jizz free, thanks). And hemp hearts. Need some hemp hearts.

So smoothie bowl is like an acai bowl? I’ll have to give it a try.

Well firstly, the fruits we currently eat are often very different from what grew naturally. We’ve bred them to emphasize the sugar. That caveat aside, my current impression from the research I’ve seen is that it’s probably best not to be in ketosis all the time. So I cycle part of the year in ketosis and part not, which is likely what we are adapted to do anyway.

So I eat berries while in ketosis and eat fruits when I’m not in it. But honestly I don’t know if fruits are really as healthy as people think, given the caveat from above. I prefer whenever possible to eat foods that haven’t been cultivated for sugar, even though it tastes so good.

Smoothies make me noxious. I’d rather eat some fruits or berries without mixing them with the milk

You don’t have to add milk. I add water.

But why? What’s the necessity to drink your fruit?

would you eat your fruit with a handful of RAW kale, celery and carrots? That’s one reason. Also you can add all kinds of ‘boosters’ like coconut oil, hemp seeds, spirulina, ginger, etc.

Smoothies are the wave of the future! I’m seriously considering investing in a smoothie shop franchise that my brother in law is invested in.

No. if I want I kale salad, I just eat a kale salad. And if you really want your boosters, you can add coconut oil to coffee or ginger root to tea (really good for immune system I am sure you know).

so your meal consists of kale salad, a bunch of different fruits, and coffee/tea w coconut oil or ginger root? Sounds gross. Pulverize it and mash it all together – delicious!

No. what I am saying is there is no need to make any meals drinkable. The concept is as odd to me as sippy bottles for adults.

If I am doing 3-4 hours of activity, I typically need 1500 calories about 1.5-2hrs into the activity, depending on intensity. Berries/fruit are great for energy and micronutrients. Eating a Kale salad in the middle of the gym or during a Muay Thai session with the team is not exactly feasible. They are also great for post workout protein. Some people have them for breakfast, but I don’t typically eat breakfast. If I have one over breakfast on vacation or something, I’ll usually get a green smoothie that packs a punch, similar to the one CW posted above. Its very refreshing.

As far as just ‘eating a salad’, I eat as many salads as I possibly can. If I have Baby Kale in a smoothie, I’ll still eat salads for the rest of the night (along with all the other food). One must try to get as many dark leafy greens as possible. It is time consuming eating salads and it is much quicker in a smoothie and you still have the fiber, unlike a lot of the ‘green juices’ out there. Fiber is essential - as the AF Oxyassblowingpowder-loving community knows.

I had a banana/strawberry smoothie for brekkie!