Sports Betting

Anyone here bet on NFL or college football games?

Yeah. I bet $100 just yesterday on my AF fantasy team.

I used to bet on NFL games pretty frequently, but now it’s just the occasional prop bet or parlay to make things interesting.

The only serious sports bets over the last 10 years I’ve made we’re all on Floyd Mayweather. Now that he’s retired, I am too.

I had the occasional flutter on NFL and college football.

I won my company’s (then, later, my former company’s) football pool a few years in a row.

You can’t get William Hill (https://www.williamhill.com/) in the US any longer.

ESports betting is all the rage

Did you build any algorithm or have any quantitative strategy in place? If you won a few years in a row across a few full seasons, that would include a decent sample size of decisions you made

I bet almost every week last year. Mainly just good home teams covering the spread. Hit one 4 team parlay out of 4 I tried (though the amounts were pretty nominal). Other than that, I am thinking Jags and Rams cover comfortably this week. Considering a two team parlay.

Did you have any particular strategy?

I developed a model which I later discovered was a reinvention of the Bayesian estimate of the probability of success in a binomial distribution.

That was rather cool.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xu5cQlum38]

I got a feeling the Generals are due!!!

It’s official, took Rams and Jags to cover. No points purchased, all or nothing parlay. -4 and -3 respectively. Not concerned about the Rams game at all, but the Giants are greatly improved IMO so I think that one could be a little uncertain. OBJ is really good, but the Jags can double him and D Line for Jags is stout enough slow down Barkley’s debut, at least to win by more than 3. But you never know!

Sounds legit, but that was my LEAST favorite formula from LI. For someone who loves sports and sports betting, I should like probability theory more than I do!

In women’s tennis, I always bet against the heterosexual.

*Except when Serena Williams is playing

I like to bet against my rooting interests. As an example, Fresno State +2.5 vs my Minnesota Gophers this Saturday was an easy bet for me. The Gopher’s aren’t good, Fresno might be decent, and I’m either getting paid or my team wins with a slight chance at both.

I have definitely done that before. It works out OK when you lose a bet against your team but they win. However, having been a Rams fan since 96, I’ve seen the good and the bad (mostly bad), but on paper, I see them doing a lot of covering this year.

Jags took care of biz, barely…D shut down OBJ and Barkley (minus that big run and TD). Now watch the shoe in, Rams not cover. lol

yeah about that, I guess I will go ahead and cash my 5k on this 2 game parlay since Jags covered and Rams stomped the Raiders in the second half. Guess my user name on here is still living up to it’s billing. lol

Oops.

when the fun stops, stop