BS - Feedback on this Ultra?

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

You are missing my point BS…..and insulting my athletic background.  But I will let that slide.

I mean, have you ran 50 miles or not?  It’s not an insult, it’s just simple statement.  Also, I get your point.  I just think it’s delusional because drawing any comparisons for any reason to Goggins is just feeding into a delusion.  They may as well be different species for this case.  

The only comparison I draw between Goggins and ACE is that their prepartions for athletic events are both “eccentric” and not neccessarily conducive to peak performance capability.

I have not run 50 miles but between my multipule full ironman completions and also a solo 35 mile run, I have a good impression of what a 50 mile would be like.  I can say a 50 mile is as hard as you make it. 

Wrong.  The last 20% is the whole race.  This is why its silly to try to compare running 35 miles or a half anything to a full anything.  Ironman isn’t remotely similar.  If it’s as hard as you make it, go run 50 miles today, make it easy!

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

You are missing my point BS…..and insulting my athletic background.  But I will let that slide.

I mean, have you ran 50 miles or not?  It’s not an insult, it’s just simple statement.  Also, I get your point.  I just think it’s delusional because drawing any comparisons for any reason to Goggins is just feeding into a delusion.  They may as well be different species for this case.  

The only comparison I draw between Goggins and ACE is that their prepartions for athletic events are both “eccentric” and not neccessarily conducive to peak performance capability.

I have not run 50 miles but between my multipule full ironman completions and also a solo 35 mile run, I have a good impression of what a 50 mile would be like.  I can say a 50 mile is as hard as you make it. 

Wrong.  The last 20% is the whole race.  This is why its silly to try to compare running 35 miles or a half anything to a full anything.  Ironman isn’t remotely similar.  If it’s as hard as you make it, go run 50 miles today, make it easy!

oh FFS!  All these endurance events are the same thing:  mental fortitude, metabolic efficiency/ fitness, structural soundness.  It is that last one that make a 50miler harder than, say, a triathlon that takes the same amount of time.  It is why I did not get past 35 miles.  This is why when I see ACE do things like put in a 300mile bike week out of no where or run 13 mile IN A HALF IRONMAN on no run training, it makes me think he has all variables to pull it off given he takes his time out there.    When I say a 50 miler is as hard as you make it, I mean you can take lots of walking breaks and ease your way though it.  Then it is just a long day and takes patience.  The same person can push the pace and be competitive and it can be the most challenging day of your life!

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

Yeah that biking week was 421 mi. I basically workout 5-6 hours per day (including yoga/stretching/dancing). I don’t think this is that big of a stretch to pull off 50mi with aid stations. I could be wrong.

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

Yeah that biking week was 421 mi. I basically workout 5-6 hours per day. I don’t think this is that big of a stretch to pull off 50mi with aid stations. I could be wrong.

I follow ACE on strava.  I can confirm this!

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

Yeah I mean a lot of my stuff is on Strava, then have been posting MMA workouts as well on Facebook, plus any yoga/stretching/dancing on top of all that makes up my 4000-6000 calorie day. It’s pretty ridiculous if you could see my daily logistics and schedule in general. The logistics of my daily habits run 2-4 hours and I can generally pull this off on a sustainable basis as I am vampire, never sleep, and have to stretch/rest during the day in random places to recover + insane hydration in addition to a heavy 10-12hr rest every 2-3 weeks on a Sunday or something.

- Ernest Rutherford

I see your points though BS and have a general idea of what to look out for, but you’re right / just blowing smoke and spitting theory without experience, which is why I asked the questions. I think I might give it a shot, but haven’t confirmed yet. Probably 50, but the 211 mile seems like a feat that could be the groundwork for a new company’s PR/marketing campaign.

Again though, I’m looking to catch up with a friend and think I can help him through a lot of this. 

- Ernest Rutherford

Well, having dabbled in both sides of the tri / ultra equation you guys are comically uninformed.  Saying it’s a long day that takes patience is silly, your body begins to break down you heart begins to feel the strain, your joints start fatiguing from the repeated impact, you just generally hit a wall.  Also those bike stats aren’t impressive, same reason Armstrong raved about how hard a marathon was.  Like I said, register and we’ll make a bet ACE (PM me your entrance info).  Time to put your money where your mouth is.  The things you’re bragging about really don’t stack up to much.  Just register and the rest will sort itself out.  I’d encourage whatsherface to register for a 50M too, like I said, just make it easy, long patient day!

I mean, I’ve done a couple trail tri’s and even this race once on no additional prep versus my ultra training.

https://www.active.com/ohiopyle-pa/adventure-racing/equinox-traverse-44-...

But I can tell you running a decent 50M is physically harder by orders of magnitude.  I went from having never biked to logging 120M of mountainous single track in <48 hours plus the running and kayaking.  Bike miles mean nothing.

You should totally bring weights to the rest station, maybe get some squats in!

Seriously though, what race? That is a huge determinant of completion. Also, if it’s what I think it is, you’ll probably want poles for your arms anyway. 

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

KMeriwetherD wrote:

jinx WYG!  we both posted Goggins at the same time..lol

Great minds!

Black Swan wrote:

Well, having dabbled in both sides of the tri / ultra equation you guys are comically uniformed.  Saying it’s a long day that takes patience is silly, your body begins to break down you heart begins to feel the strain, your joints start fatiguing from the repeated impact, you just generally hit a wall.  Also those bike stats aren’t impressive, same reason Armstrong raved about how hard a marathon was.  Like I said, register and we’ll make a bet ACE (PM me your entrance info).  Time to put your money where your mouth is.  The things you’re bragging about really don’t stack up to much.  Just register and the rest will sort itself out.  I’d encourage whatsherface to register for a 50M too, like I said, just make it easy, long patient day!

Ill bet money on this - what are your terms? Completing the 50M or a DNF for X dollars?

- Ernest Rutherford

I’m meeting my friend at Starbucks in 10min to discuss Ultra strategy.

- Ernest Rutherford

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Well, having dabbled in both sides of the tri / ultra equation you guys are comically uniformed.  Saying it’s a long day that takes patience is silly, your body begins to break down you heart begins to feel the strain, your joints start fatiguing from the repeated impact, you just generally hit a wall.  Also those bike stats aren’t impressive, same reason Armstrong raved about how hard a marathon was.  Like I said, register and we’ll make a bet ACE (PM me your entrance info).  Time to put your money where your mouth is.  The things you’re bragging about really don’t stack up to much.  Just register and the rest will sort itself out.  I’d encourage whatsherface to register for a 50M too, like I said, just make it easy, long patient day!

Ill bet money on this - what are your terms? Completing the 50M or a DNF for X dollars?

So the average male finish result was 10:07.  I’ll wager one $10 Dunkin card you have to finish the 50M before 10:07.  

Also, plan to use THC - not sure if you’re ok with that - probably baked into the food.

- Ernest Rutherford

You can use PCP for all I care if you get 50 miles under 10:07.  Gift card can be coffee shop of your choice if you’re receiving, Dunkin for this guy.  Would be nice to get the family gussied up on a Friday night and go out for a nice sit down dinner at the Dunkin in the fancy side of town.

Bro goggins wouldn’t be posting on this forum, he’d already be in process of running 50 miles. Are you not dedicated man? Maybe you need to have goggins live with you for a month like that rich guy did  

I missed the transition from heavenly apostle to exercise freak. 

Fwiw, I admire the hell out of all you people. I can’t run 3 miles without having a multitude of physical issues present themselves. 

Also please have weights at all stations.  Tank.

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

Also, plan to use THC - not sure if you’re ok with that - probably baked into the food.

Wait, are you doing this in real life or in the world’s most boring video game?

This thread is great…let’s keep it going. 

Lol, Mike79, the guy that only comments on the quality of the WC comments. So meta. 

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

Black Swan wrote:

You can use PCP for all I care if you get 50 miles under 10:07.  Gift card can be coffee shop of your choice if you’re receiving, Dunkin for this guy.  Would be nice to get the family gussied up on a Friday night and go out for a nice sit down dinner at the Dunkin in the fancy side of town.

ACE, where’d you go after you down voted everything?  I gave you easy terms and you vanished.  Time to step up!

KMeriwetherD wrote:

The Philadelphia Triathlon was on Sunday.  I did the sprint race where I was 2nd woman and 10th overall (out of about 500).

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

The girl in front of me said we ran about an 18:20. I was in the second group and she would have been 3rd overall in women

Black Swan wrote:

It was not great, but not bad.  So true story, our house was on the college bar street.  Saturday was both Cinco de Mayo and graduation weekend for University of Nebraska Omaha.  Which was not good for me.  My friends flagged me so I convinced them to let me get one last beer and came back with a 60 oz. beer in a glass boot.  Literally threw up three times that night and once within 30 ft of the starting line about a minute before the race started.  Finished closer to 20 minutes than 30 minutes so I’ll take it given the circumstances.

No offense, but it seems to me that a triathlon winner and a sub-6 minute pace distance runner have more fitness credibility than someone who can barely break 25 minutes in a 5K.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tiger_woods_alleged_mistress_...

iheartiheartmath wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

The Philadelphia Triathlon was on Sunday.  I did the sprint race where I was 2nd woman and 10th overall (out of about 500).

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

The girl in front of me said we ran about an 18:20. I was in the second group and she would have been 3rd overall in women

Black Swan wrote:

It was not great, but not bad.  So true story, our house was on the college bar street.  Saturday was both Cinco de Mayo and graduation weekend for University of Nebraska Omaha.  Which was not good for me.  My friends flagged me so I convinced them to let me get one last beer and came back with a 60 oz. beer in a glass boot.  Literally threw up three times that night and once within 30 ft of the starting line about a minute before the race started.  Finished closer to 20 minutes than 30 minutes so I’ll take it given the circumstances.

No offense, but it seems to me that a triathlon winner and a sub-6 minute pace distance runner have more fitness credibility than someone who can barely break 25 minutes in a 5K.

Lol, I literally threw up 50 ft from the starting line and ran that pace on a the associated hangover.  Hardly indicative.  In other news, weak trolling aside, I’ll take the guy who’s actually run 50 mile ultras and 2 day adventure races over people talking about events they’ve never attempted.  Anyhow, the big money $10 gift card bet is out there, think this can be easily settled.  

rawraw wrote:

goggins live with you for a month like that rich guy did  

Goggins contacted me to live with me for a month to learn my tactics, but my price was too high. 

- Ernest Rutherford

Black Swan wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

ACE, where’d you go after you down voted everything?  I gave you easy terms and you vanished.  Time to step up!

Just got back from 4 hours at the MMA gym and 3 hours of training. Time to go cycling right after hot/cold therapy. Then No Gi in the morning and another 3hrs tomorrow night at the MMA gym and cycling. 

I signed up for the Nov. 3rd Swamp Fox 50mi. 

https://calendar.ultrarunning.com/event/the-swamp-fox-ultra/course/4206

- Ernest Rutherford

I’ve only cast one downvote on here so far. I think it was something CW said because it was so wrong it couldn’t be right. 

- Ernest Rutherford

Maybe more? idk, none on this thread, KMD must be hating on you - haha

- Ernest Rutherford

My bringing a bamboo stick and use of it will revolutionize this sport. 

Just calling it in advance -

- Ernest Rutherford