other things on the agenda:

- dry ice

- smoked salmon
- coconut water

- clif gels (50mg Mocha 100mg Espresso)

its a long list

definitely definitely peanut butter

strawberries

I’m going to begin the lifestyle about 1 week in advance to get used to my food options and gear. Will try to live off of gear/rations for 1-2 days and maybe sleep in the woods. It will only be a change of scenery for my training.

Just a little night trip. 

Image result for wink wink gif

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

I like you BS, so I will disclose my revolutionary tactics as the date approaches. If my arrogance in this sport is unwarranted, feel freet to criticize my aid station packing. It will be a fun exercise for the both of us as you might see the pain of my stubbornness if I do not heed your advice. 

I go through it every day with my boxing coach, haha. So used to getting hit from my stubbornness. I’m adaptable though. 

- Ernest Rutherford

My current nickname by my head coach is “The Hummingbird.”

I don’t stop. 

You stop, you die. 

- Ernest Rutherford

Remember the terms!  10:07!

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

Remember the terms!  10:07!

Haha ok deal - I like this

- Ernest Rutherford

I’m racing with a friend and don’t know times/paces, but if I finish it - it will be nice and hitting that time and maybe eating a doughnut with this beloved Dunkin’ Donuts card would be the icing on the cake.

I’d probably take an artsy picture of said doughnut, blow it up on 20in x 30in stretched photo on canvas, real artsy, to remember how sweet this victory tasted.

Maybe even spray some high gloss on top. To make it shineeee…

Ohhhh yeahhh!!!

#getsomeeeeee

:P

- Ernest Rutherford

BS - I burn 35K calories per week. I’m basically living an ultra lifestyle. I’m not sure how else to say this. 

- Ernest Rutherford

So that gives my body the capacity, the realistic potential. Without this, the stress would be too much for the body.

My body can handle it, provided I don’t overuse certain muscles and tendons and also that I give rest to certain parts of the body when needed.

- Ernest Rutherford

Nutrition/hydration = everything for me.

If I am short on water or electrolytes, I’m f’ed.

- Ernest Rutherford

I do not have the build of that guy. You misunderstood my use of my upper body strength and endurance.

I can use the blood flow of my upper body to heal/recover my lower body or vice versa for hours and hours through HIIT Dynamic Rest. This is no small feat. 

- Ernest Rutherford

With proper nutrition/workouts, I could literally revive my legs on each aid station.

- Ernest Rutherford

move to the side a lil bit so you can get a clear picture

… picture me rollin’

2pac

its hard to imagine…

… picture me rollin’

- Ernest Rutherford

Also, BS - have you ever cycled 300 or 400 miles in a week or 500 in 10 days? It’s not natural. The exercises required to negate the bar are likely significantly harder than the more user-friendly running that is more instinct than adapting to a piece of equipment not designed for comfort.

I developed a nerve/neuro disorder on my second century in three days that week. I studied a version of this disorder in a 700 level class in neuroscience. 

It was similar to phantom limbs, but almost the reverse. I mentally lost my hands one night, as if they were completely cut off. I bent a nerve in my wrist on both hands and my feeling was completely gone. Psychologically, I wondered if I would ever get regular movement/feeling back. Talk about a mind ****. Also, I live alone. Consider that as well (psychological tenacity without support). Then breath by breath and sip by sip and nutrient by nutrient, through air squats and elbow planks on hardwood floors and ****ing flutter kicks with the feeling like I am an amputee, I revived my hands.

I was trained a version of ‘ultra’ by Tier 2 assets and one Tier 1 asset by the DoD in SOCOM for a short amount of time that completely changed my life and sleep habits. Decades ago. Except we had a ruck and gear and ****. This aid station no ruck should be cake, no offense.

- Ernest Rutherford

Dude even for the 70.3 this past weekend, I trained up till that morning at like 3am, slept for an hour (there’s like a small gap on my Facebook posts that period for proof including my Strava cycling ride), did a 70.3, was going to ride that night but had a flat somehow - on my assembled bike and rode the next day as soon as I got home and then went to MMA.

Business as usual. 

Not ultra enough? That was like 12,000 calories in 2 days. Pretty much a 50mi equivalent effort, I think.

- Ernest Rutherford

Unfortunately you’re still missing the points.  All of them.  I mean, I did a 48 hour race that had 120 miles of single track in just that event so I get it, you do endurance but you’re not understanding the specialization in ultra running.

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

My current nickname by my head coach is “The Hummingbird.”

I don’t stop. 

You stop, you die. 

Shouldn’t you be called “The Shark” since (some species) die if they don’t keep moving? Hummingbirds often land on feeders and take a break.

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

The 70.3 was somewhat respectable I guess to some people I train with, but the BJJ people were out for blood on me last night and I didn’t tap out to any of the blue belts in the Gi session.

I was going to roll at noon today, but my stupid job is getting in the way. Maybe this evening instead if I can. Conditioning and strength is hugely helpful in BJJ, especially if the goal is to avoid tapping. I’ve found that early on when I got tapped was usually when I’d try to go for a sub/choke with poor technique, leave myself open and get subbed or RNC’d.

On the race, that one doesn’t look too bad: about 7500 feet of gain compared to about double that for something like the Cruel Jewel 50M that is also in Georgia. The main issue, as BS has said, is the monostructural nature of the event. With a tri you get to change modalities and that takes significant stress off of certain muscles, ligaments and joints. If you run a 10 minute mile, you’ll be running for over 8 hours. That is a lot of time on your feet. You can slow to a walk running ceases to be an option, but most people’s brisk walk at about 3 miles/hr which just lengthens the overall event time and increases risk of running out of food. 

It looks like the “aid stations” are just water/endurance drink and a check point. If you are going to keep a 10 minute pace, you’re not going to want to spend too much time with dynamic rest there. It would need to be strictly scheduled to keep you on pace. There were only 6 people in the race last year, so competition is pretty thin. Weather will be a major factor. If you get rain, that will suck. Muddy trails are way slower and more dangerous (speaking from experience here), although with only six runners at least you won’t get jammed up on single track.

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

All BS is doing is casting doubt on my abilities of this race when I asked for some race experience; I’ve seen hardly any feedback and also will not accept the fact that my abilities are not good enough for this race.

As for the 10:07 time, I’m not sure again as I am racing with a friend. My role here is probably as a motivator and also will probably ring close to the fable of the grasshopper and the ant. My aid stations will be perfect and his probably will need work. I plan on sharing my aid station supplies with him as needed and hope to be there with him at the aid stations as this event is more about our friendship than a time for no particular reason at the high cost of of injury.

Again, though, I doubt 50mi will take a toll so great on my body that I need Monday to recover.

Tough race = I take Monday off. 

We will see though. You have to understand the high belief in myself to make these obscene statements and the weight of the statements before the race.

Because as you know, in endurance races - you face your demons and truths and for me, every single word I have ever said or typed. I rehash th m in my mind, over and over again and analyze my psyche and the truths of it in these races. The races are not the pursuit of time. They are the pursuit of truth. Your truth; your personal truth. What you are willing to do for the important things in your life. More than anything this should ring true in these races.

I do not have naivety; I know what I’m getting into.

- Ernest Rutherford

brain_wash_your_face wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

The 70.3 was somewhat respectable I guess to some people I train with, but the BJJ people were out for blood on me last night and I didn’t tap out to any of the blue belts in the Gi session.

I was going to roll at noon today, but my stupid job is getting in the way. Maybe this evening instead if I can. Conditioning and strength is hugely helpful in BJJ, especially if the goal is to avoid tapping. I’ve found that early on when I got tapped was usually when I’d try to go for a sub/choke with poor technique, leave myself open and get subbed or RNC’d.

On the race, that one doesn’t look too bad: about 7500 feet of gain compared to about double that for something like the Cruel Jewel 50M that is also in Georgia. The main issue, as BS has said, is the monostructural nature of the event. With a tri you get to change modalities and that takes significant stress off of certain muscles, ligaments and joints. If you run a 10 minute mile, you’ll be running for over 8 hours. That is a lot of time on your feet. You can slow to a walk running ceases to be an option, but most people’s brisk walk at about 3 miles/hr which just lengthens the overall event time and increases risk of running out of food. 

It looks like the “aid stations” are just water/endurance drink and a check point. If you are going to keep a 10 minute pace, you’re not going to want to spend too much time with dynamic rest there. It would need to be strictly scheduled to keep you on pace. There were only 6 people in the race last year, so competition is pretty thin. Weather will be a major factor. If you get rain, that will suck. Muddy trails are way slower and more dangerous.

Yeah rolling is great. Very good for you.

Not sure why ‘pace’ keeps arising in this thread. I’m not seeking a certain pace except to complete this with my friend.

Beating that time and getting the DD card would be icing on the cake. My main priorities are finishing the race in the allotted time, not getting injured, and being there for my friend. What is the value of finishing alone? It is hard for me to imagine.

- Ernest Rutherford

If we had a contract/bet for $10K, different priorities for the race as I would train to earn that money and stay at a certain pace and would make it clear to my friend that I would leave him if he couldn’t keep up.

But if he got hurt or died (worst case) and I got some time for some money, I’d still feel like an ******* for leaving him.

- Ernest Rutherford

That’s a load of sad excuses there ACE and the race hasn’t even started.  I’m actually disappointed.  If only you could run the way you just walked back your position.

Black Swan wrote:

That’s a load of sad excuses there ACE and the race hasn’t even started.  I’m actually disappointed.  If only you could run the way you just walked back your position.

Whatever man, my tone has been clear throughout. I do think I could win one of these races, specifically longer races, especially the 210 mile ones with an advantage to me the more aid stations there are. If you want to choose a race and bet some money on an Ultra, I certainly don’t have any problem doing that, even with 0 race experience. 

I’ll bet $10K on a long race (100mi, 200mi) - you pick the race and time and I can do some calculations and if I think it is doable on my side, I’ll draw up a bulletproof contract. Payable whenever - not going to set terms for immediate payment, but contract would render losing party responsible for payment, at least. 

For this coming up race, again, I’m doing it with/for my friend. I’ve said this from the beginning. 

- Ernest Rutherford

Still no feedback from BS from the races…. c’mon man I just want some race feedback - what you went through, how the aid stations were, your psychology before, throughout, when starting, 30mi in, 40mi in, 48mi into a 50mi, etc. 

Anything?

- Ernest Rutherford

I’ll hold the funds in escrow for the bet. I think the bsds of this thread could do more than 10 dollars! 

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

All BS is doing is casting doubt on my abilities of this race when I asked for some race experience; I’ve seen hardly any feedback

This. I used to think ACE was wacky af and just talking shovels full of sh!t without anything to back it up. But then dude does a few side steps and traffic light bounces, and bikes around town a few times, and goes and knocks out an almost 18 min 5K and 5 min mile. With the exception of KMD I don’t think any single other person on this site comes close to that with any amount of training. It’s real easy to sh!t on someone’s athletic ability when you’re sitting on the couch drinking beer and hanging your hat on that one time 20 years ago when you ran a downhill mile in gym class. I was on the receiving end of that too a year ago when I first started running and everyone (ACE included, btw) was like haha you can’t run a 4 minute mile backwards, you’re so out of shape, etc. The real competition isn’t whether ACE can finish the course, it’s whether anyone here can actually put their money where their mouth is and beat him on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tiger_woods_alleged_mistress_...

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Whatever man, my tone has been clear throughout. I do think I could win one of these races, specifically longer races, especially the 210 mile ones with an advantage to me the more aid stations there are. If you want to choose a race and bet some money on an Ultra, I certainly don’t have any problem doing that, even with 0 race experience. 

I’ll bet $10K on a long race (100mi, 200mi) - you pick the race and time and I can do some calculations and if I think it is doable on my side, I’ll draw up a bulletproof contract. Payable whenever - not going to set terms for immediate payment, but contract would render losing party responsible for payment, at least. 

OK ACE go win the Western States 100 this (next) year.  Any dollar amount you want!  As an added bonus, I will have Chad change my name to “ACE was right” if you succeed.  Alternately, please feel free to keep embarrassing yourself.

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

Still no feedback from BS from the races…. c’mon man I just want some race feedback - what you went through, how the aid stations were, your psychology before, throughout, when starting, 30mi in, 40mi in, 48mi into a 50mi, etc. 

Anything?

ACE, all the feedback someone with your limited background could need is in the first post I made.  Anything beyond that would be a time waste and re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  But let me try to attempt to give you feedback.

Aid stations: how they were stocked was not that important, this is a clueless question.  I mean you need them but in any race but any racer is carrying their own nutrients for the most part and has a few things shuttled around to stations pre-race.  Which nutrients/snacks and what gear?  Well that’s racer specific and usually honed over lots of trial and error.  I literally took midnight to 2am explosive sh*ts throughout Pittsburgh’s trails on one bad week of training before I figured out one brand wasn’t for me.  Psychology?  It’s hard and you have to run a lot.  Obviously it’s difficult but luckily you will have not built up lots of familiarity with the various mind traps specific to running over months of prep.  I’ve also never run a race like that completely unprepared so hard to say but my guess is at 30, 40 miles you asked about you’ll be thinking things like, “Wow, maybe I should think things through more.”  Again, what kind of questions are these.  I mean, you’re going to have to run a lot and prepare by running a lot and you haven’t done the prep and now you’re looking for band-aid solutions.

I think you’re getting confused based on your manic chains of semi coherent posts.  I have no reason to doubt your ability to train properly over a realistic time frame and in all likelihood be faster than I was but you’re being an idiot because you’re clearly failing to comprehend that other people in the field and their level of talent while also not comprehending what you’re attempting. 

It’s no different than your attempt at qualifying for the X games with snowboarding where you just got in your own words “crushed”.  Maybe you can’t hear yourself but the laughable delusions of a weekend warrior from the south rolling up on a real event to qualify for anything just shows you are somehow incapable of considering that there are at any given point a myriad of other athletes far more talented than you that have combined that with a solid work ethic.  Anyhow, good luck at the Western 100!  

ace is like dan bilzerian. row that boat glen coco!

https://youtu.be/OCDvsjymcg0?t=1535

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

ACE remember this classic?  Some people just never learn…

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91344477

Analti_Calte_Equity wrote:

So was at the bar a couple months ago and my friend and I had this bet in tennis. $1K to the winner. I was out of practice (10 years not practicing) and he was very out of shape. It was a legit matchup. I was doubting betting that much cash on this bet, but him being a lawyer he said there would be a $500 declination fee. My forehand blew out and was off. He won the set and the grand. 

I feel like he beat me a bit in legalese and got him on a verbal agreement so far on this contract. I’m literally putting him in a legal tennis challenge cube for 100 years. haha

—-

Tennis Challenge Match Contract

I hereby authorize myself to be bound by a tennis challenge match contract. This challenge can be executed at any time between the dates beginning July 1st, 2015 and ending July 1st, 2115.

Any changes to the contract can be made by dual initials on the change in contract prior to signing.

This agreement authorizes XXXX to challenge YYYY to a tennis match (2 out of 3 sets with a 12 point tiebreak in the 3rd) for any amount between $1,000 USD and $10,000 USD. This challenge must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of the match date.

A signature by YYYY takes away the ability to rescind a challenge match after a date has been set. A signature by YYYY also takes away the ability for him to decline a challenge match. A major injury to either party after a match date has been selected authorizes a re-schedule of an agreed upon date for either party.

Full payment must be made to winner no later than one year after the challenge match. Installments are acceptable as long as full sum is paid before one year mark. Failure to accept a challenge match after signing this document will result in a $500 penalty for each instance.

haha great bump bs. enjoyed it

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.