What's your opinion on people who include their portraits in their email signature

I think it’s incredibly douchey.

Never heard of this. Portrait as in, a headshot?

it is ok if they are incredibly beautiful

I’ve not seen it too much except for real estate agents

I’ve never seen this

lol picture on resumes? thots!

I imagine Nerdy’s email sig having a Notorious BIG quote about coming up in the game or something

It probably also reads like this…

“Sincerely yours, Mr. Money Bags”

I agree. I’ve never seen a mug shot in an email signature but I’d laugh my ass of if I ever saw one.

Never seen in email sig but did see on a resume when hiring an admin, decent looking, but the experience wasn’t good. Thought it seemed like trouble, did not interview her.

It works well for many women, not so much for any men.

prolly worse if ur black too. im pretty sure lots of people try to avoid the black sounding names.

I would agree with the general consensus here…feels sorta slimey.

However – I would be interested in what @analystdude mentioned…Last time I was making the rounds, I included a picture in the upper left corner of my resume (I built my resume in ppt though, so it was a bit more visual generally than the average word doc templated resume). Yay or nay on this?

Yay, Roberto, but only with the sunglasses on.

#bestwishes

Some people in my company put a picture in Outlook, so you can see their picture when they email you. These range in quality from selfie taken hastily in front of their computer, to full professional model shot.

I’ve been mulling over putting my picture in outlook… really love the picture they took of me.

Some ppl in my co have Outlook avatar…im keeping my mug off though. Mostly lower level managers etc. Seems goofy.

I think it’s fine, even recommendable, to have a photo in Outlook. At least I don’t mind getting a meeting invitation and actually seeing who is who beforehand. Also, afterwards it helps me to remember the names because I can easily connect the name to the face.

But to have actually have a picture of your noggin in your email signature…that’s some next level douchiness. I have never received that kind of an email but if I would, I’d probably add automatically 5 working days to my reply time.

First rule of the outlook avatar is never make it your actual photo.

Haha I think it’s common for real estate agents.