Why do girls wake up one day... Older gents, please explain something to me

26/27 years old and say things like “let’s have a baby!”…

uhhhh, no, let’s definitely not do this - I’m a child - still - myself.

ruined a good thing guys.

thei bio clock ticking. i think their ability to reproduce begins to decline at age 25. from 96% to 85%.

anyways the bigger question is, at what age are you ready to have a child? i mean there are a lot of idiots who do it at 18, and theyre kind of fine. amirite6? cant be too hard.

The right age is when you are 1) economically able to feed, clothe and shelter the child; and 2) emotionally able to handle the radical change in lifestyle the new person is going to bring. This includes being in a relationship that is able to withstand some new twists.

For some people that age may be 23, for some it may be 33.

Any discussion should not come as a surprise, so the “wake up one day” thing should never happen. If you are not married, talk of having a kid is likely quite premature. If you are married, that discussion should have happened before you tied the knot.

yea im kind of weird in a way. i think i prefer having a baby with a person before considering marriage. not the other way around. im a big fan of babies not so much marriage!

At least she seems to have brought it up for discussion… regardless, kids are awesome!

Sometimes when the chick is with, for example, an heir to $4 million pron fortune, it is the best way to lock it in.

how much does child support for 1 cost vs say alimony? alimony is a complete waste, but child support is like spending on your own kind so ish not as bad!

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/what-is-family-life-like-in-finance

Don’t know about all states but usually 20% for the first kid, 25% or so for second. Not sure what happens if you have multiple mothers. Some states will have a cap.

dude wtf?! its percentage of income. i thought it was just like 500 bucks or something. wtf!?

Yeah, I agree, would completely make sense that two guys making $25k and $250k would pay the same amount :+1:…not.

Judging by the quality of his logic and writing on this forum, a reasonable person could conclude definitively that rational analysis has never been Nerdy’s strong suit.

lol how are you set up btw? wife? or baby momma? she stay at home or double income? you use a nanny?

why should 1 child get less just cuz the dad is a deadbeat. it should be a minimum fixed fee. id say 5k is reasonable. and if you want to give more, that is more optional.

https://personalfinance.costhelper.com/child-support.html

• According to a 2009 report by the U.S. Census Bureau[1] , in 2007 the average child support payment due to a custodial parent based on a legal award or an informal agreement was $445 a month or $5,350 annually, while the median amount (meaning that half the payments were above this middle amount, half below) was $367 a month or $4,400 ; however, the average child support payment actually received was about $280 a month or $3,350 a year, while the median actual payment was about $184 a month or $2,200 a year.

https://www.cse.ca.gov/ChildSupport/cse/guidelineCalculator

Nery, I took the liberty of calculating a realistic scenario for you, using the California online calculator. It comes to about $1360 a month of $16300k a year. Presumably, by sacrificing some small amount of clubbing and Vegas vacations per year, you too can realize the joy of supporting a child.

While the biological clock argument can provide an insight into the why it happens, it adds no clarity as to the ‘why now’. Usually, there is a catalyst involved, such as perhaps she recently met her college friend who has an exceptionally cute baby.

We got a deal worked out, no court. It’s not really better financially, but it’s more flexible and private.

We, men, also have those kind of “suddendly desires” for having a family & babies. The thing is that we doesn’t share the info with anybody.

As someone said above, the right time is when you have a nice good girl, nice personal financials and both the willingness.

lol that still ridic though. the baby momma prolly spending that money to cuckold me as well.

Maybe she thinks you guys are running out of things to talk about, and a baby sort gives you something to bond over again? Consider getting a dog and holding out as long as you can. Kids are awesome but an obstacle to career success. But then again, divorce is a huge obstacle to retiring early.

lol, i mean bitcoin got a pet, then as soon as she left, took that pussy to the pound