Peak iPhone

https://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2018/11/in-2009-steve-jobs-mocked-amazon-for-not-reporting-kindle-tablet-sales.html

Apple has announced that they will not be reporting iPhone sales numbers in the future. Has Apple hit a turning point in the post Jobs era, where they are run by hype and marketing, and are no longer innovative? I can’t imagine Tim Cook coming up with the next iPhone, is what I’m saying.

The short answer to this question is yes. The long answer is also yes.

“As demonstrated by our financial performance in recent years, the number of units sold in any 90-day period is not necessarily representative of the underlying strength of our business". Yes, the product that is 60% of revenues doesn’t represent your business. Funny this comes right as sales slow.

That said I do think the Apple watches are about to blow up.

I think so… I have a iPhone 6 and I don’t think I’ll ever upgrade, as long as I can use it to sign into the apps I regularly use and post thoughtful, informative posts on AF, I’m good. I think a lot of people feel the same

Ill also add that it’s hard to imagine a product that takes the iphone’s place. Whenever my phone gets so old or gets destroyed somehow, I’d buy an iPhone no matter what. I won’t say the number but I’d pay an amount much, much higher than the most expensive iPhone if I had to.

Ive been long aapl for a long time now, been think about trimming the position as it’s a good chunk of my portfolio. It doesn’t seem to be that expensive though, looking at how much cash it has and how much it’s generating. My opinion could change but if phones have peaked or platued, so be it.

I have a 6s and just got an Xs. I was going keep the 6s forever, but was running out of space.

The Xs is sick. The camera/lens seems like a DSLR to me. Pretty amazing. I had to get the smallest in that line as I put my phone in my blowout kit in my bike to listen to Pandora and those big ass phones don’t fit.

More space would be nice, I only have 16gb on my 6.

Hermes Apple Watch:

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/boitier-awh-s4-inox-44mm-world-wide-apple-watch-hermes-strap-single-tour-44mm-deployment-buckle-1ST44DWWFAUVE_KITpH0240001v00pH074198CJ34/

Kind of want…

I do think if innovation slows the product will commoditize and margins will slip which is a much bigger threat than falling margins. But I’ve said that before and been completely wrong on Apple so what do I know. Plus I think standalone watches the replace phones completely could be a thing of the future.

Yeah same for me on the 6s. Then got 256gb on the Xs which was a step under the max of 512gb I think.

I think this will happen. The watch will be the storage center, ops center, communications, satellite, battery that is the power and brain of the robotic extensions to your body. I think mics will be implanted. As well as integrated hearing systems, possibly an implant to the bone (like bone conduction earphones, but semi permanent - maybe 10yr battery life initially).

Devices built into pens that project or have flexible rollable screens will probably come available and a small tripod pen like device put onto any flat surface should allow the user to click their way through the data of their biological systems and nutritional needs as well as neuro needs, hydration and also the most hoped-for advance in neuro… the ability to upload into the brain, like the Matrix…

They knew they were going to hit peak iPhones last year, which is why they started fucking older phones with malware.

Yeah, a lot of people think that, hence the malware. I thought that too, and then they slowed my 6 down right before X came out in 2017. I lasted a year, but this year it was so slow I just gave up paid. And their “but the battery” talk is lies, I had a new battery put in. Tech told me it was all bs, the batteries are fine, it’s the OSX-malware updates.

And I’ve tried not updating…they screw you that way too…

they also do that with their forced updates. the updates takeover a susbtantial space for the iphone. in essence, fuck the iphone. with that said, i have an iphone 8 and i am 100% sure the next phone i have will be another iphone, i’ll make sure it has larger space this time though. im just waiting for the redesinged iphone, not this half baked shit.