PE firms offering $300k to excel monkeys

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-experience-no-problem-private-equity-lures-newbie-bankers-with-300-000-offers-1540998554

read this on snapchat news!

Where do I apply for the 300K a day job?

basically you need to be a top tier candidate hired by ibanking right out of college, and before you even start, you are poached.

Seems like the most inefficient market ever! Makes no sense to me, but good for them, I guess.

To me it’s a sign private equity is getting near peak

Is this supposed to be high or low now?

is it ohh! hiiiiii!!! or is it oh? hey…

You have to be pulling our legs here. . .

I was talking to someone in a large New York PE firm last week. Apparently Thoma Bravo called a load of IB analysts on the Saturday before last and told them to come in as soon as they could in whatever they were wearing. Just to get ahead of the other PE firms. That lead to a mad panic where other PE firms were scrambling on the Sunday to line up interviews.

These analysts are a couple of months out of undergrad at GS, JPM etc. So virtually no real work experience. And they won’t start at the PE firms until summer 2020 at the earliest. Totally crazy situation in my opinion. It also means that the investment banks will provide these people with effectively two years of training with no hope of retaining them. I presume they will be worked until they collapse and get limited bonuses, but still hardly ideal from the banks’ point of view.

hahaha let’s wait till the next recession and see how this all plays out.

Paying 300k for a recent grad is a sign of overheating economy.