unfair digital tech tax

france plans to impose a digital tax on us tech if eu cannot come up a tax law. i think the us needs to seriously shut them the fuck up.

Well, the whole of Paris is rioting because some Facebook group got out of hand. At the very least, there will be some non trivial regulation, fines (which are basically tax), or other retaliation by France or the EU to FB, Google, and their like.

interesting. i never saw you as the type of person that would blame social media as the root cause for sour grapes and bad apples.

When a dude’s getting bullied and shoots up his schoolAnd they blame it on Marilyn and the heroinWhere were the parents at? And look where it’s at! Middle America, now it’s a tragedy Now it’s so sad to see, an upper-class city havin’ this happeningThen attack Eminem ‘cause I rap this wayBut I’m glad, ‘cause they feed me the fuel that I need For the fire to burn, and it’s burning, and I have returned

And I am whatever you say I am If I wasn’t, then why would I say I am? In the paper, the news, every day I am Radio won’t even play my jam

It’s not my opinion. There are certainly underlying societal problems that gave rise to these protests. However, social media, and Facebook in particular, are widely believed to foment large scale riots like those that are occurring in Paris. The Yellow Vest movement was directly enabled by Facebook, and the platform is blamed for its algorithms that viralized seditious posts from the movement’s main figures.

Ohai is a Russian bot! Fake news!