New 992

Gorgeous design, one of my favorite cars of all time. My idea of a perfect daily driver. There are faster cars for the money but as they say, there is no substitute!

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLN7f-a8xk]

A porsche dentist would drive

i thought this was about the new balance 992 shoe?

Big butt Porsche 911 looks weird brah. People have just been conditioned to like the design because they know what it is. Also, it was made by Nazis - true fact.

Anyway, I’m wondering if people are going to get bored of cars like 911, as it just gets a bit more powerful and luxurious with each generation. Sometimes, people even prefer an older generation due to mechanical differences. For the most part though, customers seem to want something new. So, sports car sales are flat or declining, while Tesla sales are going up quite quickly.

Taycan or other futuristic EVs are the future for Porsche. The company sells maybe 200k cars per year. They made factories for 20k Taycans per year, and now they are building more capacity due to customer interest for this car no one outside the company has driven or even seen on the road. “Heritage” doesn’t sell any more - but people will line up for something they haven’t experienced before.

What new can make a $100k car look obsolete next to it? It looks likes this.

I don’t think people will get tired of the 911 and new models will continue to come out, at least for a few more decades. Big changes have happened over the course of its life (switching to watercooled, discontinuing manual on their RS, a few more, can’t think of them) but it’s made it through. Very strong enthusiast following and very profitable.

I think there’s room for iconic sports cars and the Taycan/Teslas… the 911 is like the Rolex Daytona of the car world. Quartz came along, now smart watches but still a lot of demand for a timeless design.

And ruining that iconic engine note.

The car should not have to compensate for the shortcomings of the driver.

new flat 6’s still sound pretty good, there was a little backlash from turbo charging everythign except GT3s but i think that’s subsided.

PDK over manual all day long.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgWrPlMZSs]

Video i found from 6 years ago, those shift tho