’Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it! How much to spend on a engagement ring?

just doing some light planning. im thinking of buying my mom’s ring for 5k. i think she paid 6.5k for it. thots my ninjas.

i figure unemployment is about 2k a month. so 3 months of that should be great.

This has been discussed many many times. Please bump one of the old threads so we can enjoy the wit of the old posters. (Higgs, Bchad, Frankie, etc.)

Unemployment is pretax, if you do after tax, you can shave off even more brah

So after DeBeers marketing came up with this 3m rule, everyone went crazy. Have to keep up with the Kardashians, amiright?

I did pay like $2700, probably $3k in today’s money.

3 years salary according to Michael Scott

I got my wife a old blue ring, less stuff to carry on the wedding day.

i think 3k is sufficient. many disagree. anyways, i feel like its kinda crazy to wear somethign like that. esp as a social worker. you can get robbed by poor ppl.

the avg ring cost is 5k. i dont think i will spend above 5k. i think im going to offer my parents 4k.

also guys anyways i am doing this cuz i’ve been doing it raw. plan to propose when she gets preggers.

Dafuq, you don’t need to tell people every thing.

That thread was a mess. Everyone was a bunch of tightwads. I was the only one that advocated for spending dough on a ring. Gotta let her show it off to her friends.

As Jaime told his cousin Lancel, “if you’re going to f’uck Cersei, be sure to spill your seed on her belly.”

I’d heed his advice if I were you.

So does this mean no more bottle service with BTC boy ($10mm), and grinding on thotties?

What you save on the ring and the hall can go toward the kids’ 529 plans!!! :+1:

yep have not cheated this year, just grind, and usually just to help a brother out. this was my new year reso. coincidentally i am hanging out this weekend with bitcoin and my 50m tire buddy who spent 20k during our vegas weekend. not sure on what we’re doing. but i told them that im not really down for the club. we prolyl will just use the jacuzzi. but anyways the dude is amazing as he constantly spend money on flying ig sugar baby models to his palce. anyways bitcoin buddy asked me is tire guy an alpha if he spend a lot of money on chicks to get laid. i thought about this deeply and i think it is alpha. what do you guys think?

additionally was talking to one of his biz partners who works in real esate yesterday about my councilman buddy. he randomly saw his name on a list of major real estate players and while looking up the bio noticed it was none other than my friend. looks like hes stepping up his game on teh developing side as he just fnished building out an 7m property in beverly hills (a huge difference from his core biz which was mass manufacture 500k homes in up and coming neighborhoods). he also owns a fuckton of land scattered all across los angeles. lol im going to surprise him with what i know about him when i see him at his penthouse/office/dealership. he has a weird sent up. he cosntructed this huge commerical building. 1st floor is expanded sales floor for the dealership. 2nd floor is the office for his condstruction biz. and the top floor is his penthouse overlooking los angeles towering over the freeway. PRETTY cool. also comes with a jacuzzi.

last but not least 529 plan is shitty for cali.

also whats everyone thoughts on man made diamonds?

Blood diamonds or GTFO.

The children miners’ souls are entrapped in those diamonds. That is what makes them valuable, didn’t you know?

^I like that someone took us seriously enough to downvote our comments.

But seriously, I want to know someone lost a hand to bring that diamond to the mall jewelry store.

To be fair, you should not take soul harvesting lightly in this age of Satanist Illuminati cabals.

from what i read. they are essentially the same but lab mined can save you 30 to 40 percent from a mined diamond. you cannot see the difference unless you are in a lab with a microscope and you studied to be a gemologist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__g573z4toA

ithe biggest issue is the lack of a secondary market for lab mined diamonds. i did 1 example, and it was 50 percent off for a man made ring.

so lets assume a 5k mined diamond, you overpaid maybe 30 percent on it. so you lost 1.5k at purchase, and it will slowly appreciate with inflation at the 3.5k base price. appreciating 105 bucks per year.

now a man made diamond would be worth 2.5k, but without a secondary market, you essentially take that entire lose. if in the future a secondary market does form, it’ll prolly be a function of cost to make at a slight discount. now you have to take the excess cash of 2.5k and invest it. appreciating 250 bucks per yaer.

you achieve break even in 5 years but the man made ring will be better value over time and that is assuming that there is no secondary market. if a secondary market forms, then you just made bank of man made.

^So you’re fine taking jobs away from hard working Africans? They need the work. Many of them only have one hand.

lol