Rate your 2018

ohai wrote:

Oh serious coin. Anyway, I think the point he is making is that any rank below MD is basically formulaic by number of years of experience. You generally get there even without any preferential treatment or outstanding performance. Getting to MD usually is more unpredictable, as it is dependent on some combination of personal performance, luck and circumstances. Usually, budget is a consideration as well, as you usually get paid a bit more (unless you’re in UBS). That is another thing outside your control and requires some boss to support you. 

pretty much. Being at the right place at the eight time is probably 80% (new desk, md retiring, etc). Also i found that your chances increase when you stat longer at one place ar the cost of marking yourwef to market ( you are probably underpaid )

Maybe it’s because I still have the sense of humor of a seventeen year old, but you’re bragging about getting ED?

or are we not talking about the same type of ED?…. what is ED?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Which big banks’ US operations have the executive director title these days? JPM, UBS, MS….anywhere else?

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

iheartiheartmath wrote:

2018 Pro: ran 750+ miles mostly injury-free

2018 Haven’t Decided Whether Pro or Con Yet: wife is accidentally pregnant, again

If you wanna learn who’s the Baby Daddy, I can get you a free trip to Stamford, CT.

#Maury

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Year i realize i wont hit my career goals and will

have to settle for less most likely. Sad!

Have you considered opening a google?  No barriers to entry. 

Just write web crawler, out it on aws lambda, have immediate access to 1000 compute engines, then cache results in  dynamo DB, accessing gigabytes of storage.  In tech 1 smart person can literally do everything.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Never better.

play it again, Sam

dirty 

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Yea, i considered it, but i am not willing to forgone income today, for possibility of multi million payout later. Thanks for asking!

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Yea, i considered it, but i am not willing to forgone income today, for possibility of multi million payout later. Thanks for asking!

I was worried you were short the 1 smart person.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Lol…. BS FTW todaylaugh

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Lol…. BS FTW todaylaugh

I love it when I’m not the one to take the thread off topic for once.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

I am glad you finally lowered yourself to personal attacks.