Sign up  |  Log in

Difficult decisions

So I just signed up for HBO Go.  I’ve had access to it for a while, but just now got around to activating it.  

So now I have access to a whole new world that was previously unavailable to me.  But I don’t know where to start, and I need AF’s help.  Where do I begin?  I have never watched a single episode of:

  • Game of Thrones
  • The Wire
  • The Sopranos

Help!!!

82 > 87
Simple math.

Knowing your background, I suggest Friday Night Lights. Otherwise, I suggest The Sopranos to start.

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

go for the oldies first imo since they are already complete. i personally like the sopranos more over the wire. the game of thrones final season wont show until april. the movie friday night lights is amazing. never seen the first tv episodes.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

We’re goin to State!

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

sopranos

wire

curb your enthusiasm (rip funkhouser)

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Do game of Thrones so you can catch up in time to see the finale live. The others aren’t going anywhere

Also hbo has great documentaries 

Haha I love curb your enthusiasm. There was also this weird show called hello ladies. Very cringy stuff as well.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Game of Thrones

Drama:  Sopranos, Wire, Oz, GOT

Comedy:  Veep, Entourage, Curb, Ballers, and a really odd show called Barry 

Never got to ballers! But Entourage is good but I don’t think it’s his scene. You do learn a lot about the rules of brodom with entourage.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Barry is great but i think its on showtime?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Nerdyblop wrote:

Never got to ballers! But Entourage is good but I don’t think it’s his scene. You do learn a lot about the rules of brodom with entourage.

The brodom benchmark is still Swingers.  Stands the test of time as well.  

you’re so ****ing money man, and you don’t even know it.

RIP Bchad

never seen it. but its on netflix right now. so i’ll give it a go. omg dat fool is bitcoin and im vince vaugn.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Hey Hamilton, have a holly jolly Christmas.

rawraw wrote:

Do game of Thrones so you can catch up in time to see the finale live. The others aren’t going anywhere

This is good advice. Everyone is going to be talking about it come April so you may as well get caught up to avoid spoilers.

You’re going to be very busy. Season 1 of Westworld, Sharp Objects, Silicon Valley, and Big Little Lies are also terrific.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

rawraw wrote:

Do game of Thrones so you can catch up in time to see the finale live. The others aren’t going anywhere

This is good advice. Everyone is going to be talking about it come April so you may as well get caught up to avoid spoilers.

is it just me, or i thought last season of GOT was bad?

You’re going to be very busy. Season 1 of Westworld, Sharp Objects, Silicon Valley, and Big Little Lies are also terrific.

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Sweep the Leg wrote:

rawraw wrote:

Do game of Thrones so you can catch up in time to see the finale live. The others aren’t going anywhere

This is good advice. Everyone is going to be talking about it come April so you may as well get caught up to avoid spoilers.

You’re going to be very busy. Season 1 of Westworld, Sharp Objects, Silicon Valley, and Big Little Lies are also terrific.

is it just me, or i thought last season of GOT was bad?

I didn’t think it was bad, just some weird choices by the showrunners. The whole not understanding travel time and distance was jarring. I have another issue with the last season too but don’t want to spoil anything for Greenie. 

I thought it was messed up how the last season revealed Hodor to be the main villain and White Walker master. Didn’t see that one coming. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

The fact that this thread isn’t now full of Swingers quotes disappoints me greatly. 

RIP Bchad

Sopranos without a question

entourage imo is still a lot better than swingers. ultimately i feel like i enjoy series more as there is more character development. a movie just doesnt cut it anymore for me. i do like movies with many sequels like harry potter, star wars, or lotr.  those are always fantastic.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

never seen it. but its on netflix right now. so i’ll give it a go. omg dat fool is bitcoin and im vince vaugn.

You’re from LA, watching Swingers should be part of high school curriculum.

I tried to watch Westworld a few different times, but just couldn’t get into it.  

Sweep the Leg wrote:

rawraw wrote:

Do game of Thrones so you can catch up in time to see the finale live. The others aren’t going anywhere

This is good advice. Everyone is going to be talking about it come April so you may as well get caught up to avoid spoilers.

You’re going to be very busy. Season 1 of Westworld, Sharp Objects, Silicon Valley, and Big Little Lies are also terrific.

im from the hangover generation! i was still too young for swingers.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Ww season 2 was atrocious. It reminded my of season 7 Lost…. you pretty much know show is over

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Ww season 2 was atrocious. It reminded my of season 7 Lost…. you pretty much know show is over

Unpopular opinion: I liked the last season of Lost.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Ww season 2 was atrocious. It reminded my of season 7 Lost…. you pretty much know show is over

Unpopular opinion: I liked the last season of Lost.

Even the whole heaven-hell-shepard allegory? Come on

^I mean, we knew his name was Christian Shepard in the first season.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

^I mean, we knew his name was Christian Shepard in the first season.

yes, but we shouldnt ever expect character with name Christin Sheperd do be actually Christian Shelerd. I mean look at GOT, can you name one character whose name described his purpose in life?….. oh wait….

Last Season of Lost was really weird and the writers basically admitted that they didn’t have a plan and just made sht up with every episode. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone