Whatever happened to some of the old-timers?

When I first joined this forum in 2014 under a different name (I didn’t swap names to hide my identity, I couldn’t get a forum mod to unlock my old account that was tied to an old email address), I was a fresh L1 candidate. More importantly, it was the first time I had ever been exposed to:

1. What “real finance” was beyond the bullshit that retail-level financial advisors refer to as finance.

2. The attitude, almost elitism, of the AF community. Was really inspired by the number of people who wanted to push themselves to achieve very difficult things in life.

When I came back this week, I noticed some familiar names but also some key figures were definitely missing. What happened to

Itera - the grumpy dude that dropped a heavy bag of reality on every single naive wannabe Wall Streeter?

Numi - the guy who guided me in my search for a job in ER?

CFAvMBA - the guy who encouraged me to look for a dream job despite us both knowing that Itera was right and the odds were stacked against me?

I hope they’re still around because I believe those 3, along with many of you vets, carried me through L1 :frowning_face:

Other MIAs include:

Higgmond

Former Trader

Chicken Tikka

Whatsyourgovt

Palantir

Inner Evil Voice

Ghibli

Ltj

geo

v posts but not as often

I’m not sure about Itera and Numi, but CFAvMBA was banned.

It’s pretty obvious that palantir is Franky Barnes. Chicken Tikka pops up on occasion (now The Righteous Hacksaw). No idea about Higgs. If I had to guess he moved to South America and forgot about us. As igor mentioned, WYG is still around. FT disappeared right around the time itera did, coincidentally about the time of bchad’s death. IEV’s been gone a while. Ghibli is in a long-term care facility for being a dick. And Ltj joined the communist party of Turkmenistan.

Numi is still around. He runs the AF fantasy football league (or I think he does…I don’t play). He’s just busy doing hedge fund stuff.

My take is that there used to be quite a few regular posters around here…used to talk a lot about models and bottles and such. Then the site got infected with a bunch of troll posters - and they weren’t dealt with appropriately and it just turned off some guys from coming back.

I worked my ass off cleaning up that mess.

everything started changing around 2012

That’s around the time I joined, I think, been doing all I can to post high quality content, believe me.

I PMed Numi about some work advise a year or so back… he never replied :frowning:

Perhaps he simply doesn’t like you.

stl - king of water cooler and the hammer of trolls, he brutally executed every suspected indian err i mean trolls.

Chief Troll Officer/Hunter

Ah yes, who can forget the great Indian rebellion of 2015.

Still here - I was wounded in the war of 2015 but recovering slowly.

What the hell?! Why!?

For violating forum rules, of course.

Hey guys, happy new year and sorry for being so MIA! For urgent inquiries, I can be reached at “numi.advisory” at gmail.

I’m still around, just been crazy busy with the market volatility. Yes, I’m still running the fantasy football league, though I make a much better commissioner than an actual competitor in the league as evidenced by three straight years where I’ve been close to scraping bottom of the barrel.

How’s everyone here doing? Anyone have big plans or resolutions for 2019?

My plan is to be more like Numi