Whatever happened to first amendment?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/I-support-Israel-but-laws-banning-BDS-are-wrong-13530693.php

I thought this new congresswomen Rashida Tlaib and AOC were nuts, but now I am glad they are there to call BS on states outlawing BDS efforts against Israel. Right or wrong, first amendment allows freedom of speech and expression. Why must we all blindly support Israel, even while our tax dollars blindly support Israel… This country has lost its mind.

because Israel is the only Democracy in the middle east, with thriving economy and a lot of research we are interested in. Also, all BDS accusations are unfounded nonsese, and constitute hate speech, so yeah, outlawing it is a right thing to do

Foreign countries are not covered under hate speech. What difference does it make that there are any democracies in the middle east? Why do we care? If we invested tens of billions of US tax dollars in Mexico, we would get security at the border and bustling R&D scene. Such a waste of money.