SPX at 2650

What do you think guys?

1. Sell the US jingoistic industrial military complex, buy China A Shares

2. Time to buy

3. Triple leverage, borrow from retirement account if necessary

Tanks.

have you changed your stategy? i thought you were the buy and hold for 2x leverage?

i would never sell. you should never sell unless you mean to spend the money! never hoard cash! you need to use your talents! (classic pun). also one of my favorite bible references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_talents_or_minas

anyways, even though we are 10% below the peak, personally i think markets are going to continue to slide down. but i like to always buy. if markets continue going down, i just change the composition and add more risk or leverage.

Remember to diversify. I’m thinking something along the lines of 33% Gold, 33% VIX, and 33% SPY Puts.

Aren’t those correlations pretty strong though?

I quit trying to time the market a long time ago. I haven’t changed my asset allocation in 2-3 years. I do keep about 5-10% of my portfolio available for speculative bets. For example, last year I took 5% and bought four pot stocks. Purely just for the hell of it.

I also still dabble in the gold and silver market but there hasn’t been much going on there for a while.

Kidden of course…plus I don’t have the stones to make those bets.