Miss me? Notice me gone at all...or not

What’s up you supreme group of MFers? Long time no see. I think I popped in once or twice last year and quickly saw myself out. Took a bit of a hiatus from real life and work and spent probably close to 1/3 of 2018 traveling.

Anyway finally shed the hacksaw ( is hacksaw still a thing?) of Texas and moved to NYC for good. And for good I mean until I freeze to death and/or some employer in Texas matches my new NYC salary, whichever comes first.

LMK when the next NYC get together is, about time I made one of these after all the years.

Cheers folks.

Wait what. We have karma now?! Yes.

Welcome back! Where did you travel???

Howdy!

where didn’t I… I spent a couple weeks in Japan, a week in China, week in Australia, couple weeks in Europe across Belgium for a beer festival, and Budapest and Amsterdam. Spent a couple weeks in Alaska over the summer as well as a week on the Big Island in Hawaii as the volcano was active. Mixed in a couple obligatory trips to Canadaland to visit the fam. Overall I clocked 140-150k flight miles last year.

To be honest, I somehow managed to mix you up with hpracing. I did wonder how a Canadian could move to Texas and become such a bell end so now it makes sense that you’re not the same guy and you haven’t actually turned into a bell end

Sounds like a good few trips. Did you enjoy Budapest? I loved it there. Any tips for Japan? I’ve still never made it.

Glad to see you back man

thats what winning looks like kids. welcome back brethren

lol i confuse the two as well. snap back to reality oh there goes gravity! welcome back!

Are there two of him?

I mix myself up with him too. Shit happens. But anyway I love Budapest, been there 3-4 times over the past few years. Easily my favorite place in central/eastern Europe.

Japan is interesting, I love it, it’s a western country that in many ways seems stuck in the 80s. Narita airport feels like a time warp. I’ve been to Tokyo a couple times now, been down to Okinawa (which is similar to Hawaii but without all the annoying tourists). Hoping to go back later this spring but hit up Hokkaido which I’ve never been to. Tips: eat all the ramen and ride a bike around.

Sup brah, welcome to the best worst city in the US. NYC pro tips by me:

1. Get a quality warm jacket - don’t need to be $900 stuff, but $300 range is well worth it. In 4-6 weeks of the year, it will make you more comfortable than in a lesser jacket, but it will save your hackysack from freezing off in that one week when it’s really cold.

2. Don’t live near the L Train. Also, doorman building is worth the money if they help you accept packages. Also, give above average doorman tips, as they will remember and be extra helpful if you have a problem.

3. West Village, SoHo, or nearby has the best ratios for dating.

4. Whole Foods is the cheapest grocery store, maybe other than Trader Joe’s, and usually has the best quality.

5. If one subway car is full, but the next one is empty, enter the full one (trust me).

6. Other than rent, food and drinks will probably be your biggest expense. Keep track of going out spending if you are trying to save money. People say living in the city is expensive, but you save a lot of money from not having cars or large home maintenance costs.

7. Learn what you can at work. In finance, NYC average skill and knowledge level is higher than any other city, but I’m sure you’ll adjust.

Welcome back, and good luck. Tanks.

Welcome back kanuck!

i am a big fan of freshdirect grocery delivery service.

huge selection with good prices and very good quality.

you also get to choose your delivery window. The customer service is top notch. If anything is spilled spoiled torn or broken shoot them an email and within few hours you get a credit no questions asked.

lmk if you want a referral link.